Review: LA Girl Luxury Creme Lipstick in Love Letters

6:09 PM


Hello everyone,
Hope you are enjoying your holiday! I wasn't able to complete writing my beauty haul post on time, so apologies if you weren't expecting a review today. Nevertheless I hope you enjoy this post.

 As an awkward teenager I loved eye makeup products and did not wear any other makeup product except for the darkest of kajals and the blackest of black mascaras. Basically I walked around looking like a panda. Now I have a deep fondness for lipsticks and I somehow end up purchasing a lot more lip products than anything else. Oh how times have changed!

Click the photos for links to the website.



So today I have for you a review of the LA Girl Luxury Creme Lipstick in the shade No. GLC 546- Love Letters. I purchased this from www.IKatehouse.com which is a website which sells affordable beauty products (http://mandy-s-heart.blogspot.com/2015/10/review-ikatehousecom-for-drugstore.html ) The price of this lipstick is $4 according to the LA Girl website, however I got it for $1.99 which is very affordable. By the time I decided on a color I was mentally exhausted. Why does it have to be so hard? I wanted to get a natural shade but then I was thinking how I don't own a deep orange color and in the end I just threw my hands up and surrendered to this one. I love the fact that these products have names and the fact that this one is called Love Letters.
*This is a cruelty free product and is not tested on animals.
*It features propylparaben and methylparaben on the ingredient list.

Packaging:



The packaging is well...okay for a drugstore product. Not that I was hoping for anything else for $1.99. The lipstick comes in a black tube with a transparent lid. I love the fact the the color of the lipstick can actually be seen without having to open the lid. 

Wear:



The moment I open the lid I get a distinct smell from this lipstick, sort of a candy or bubblegum scent in a more artificial sense. It's not unbearable and I certainly wouldn't toss it in the bin based on the this because everything else about this lipstick is fantastic. The color is a coral-orange color which is very vibrant. I mean really, this is the type of lipstick you would reach out for if you would go for a minimal eye makeup look with a pop of color on your lips. This would be ideal for summer (Not that it's summer for most of you, but with this heat it certainly feels like it).


I was seriously impressed with the pigmentation of the lipstick. It is very opaque covering up any pigmentation on my natural lips. Besides I didn't have to go over and over with the lipstick, just one swipe does the trick. So in that regard this lippie deserves a massive thumbs-up. The formula is thicker but very creamy and soft, almost buttery in texture, so it glides on smoothly on the lips. It stays about 4-5 hours on my lips and reapplication is quite easy. I don't find the formula to be too drying either. The only con I can think of is that after a couple of hours the product tends to accumulate on the fine lines of my lips. 

Should you get it?: 
Absolutely! For that price this lipstick is absolutely amazing. Maybe pick up a more natural looking shade so that you can get a lot more wear out of it.

Have you tried this lipstick or any of the other LA Girl Luxury Creme Lipsticks? If you have, please leave a comment down below or on my Facebook page because I'd love to know what you thought of it.

Send me your suggestions:
Twitter: @sakuniamanda 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MandySHeartBlog



Thank you for reading,
Much love,


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love beauty hauls and I love Jordana lipsticks.

    Nashia | www.makeupandbeautymayhem.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jordana Lipsticks are great for the price! :) Xx Mandy

      Delete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest