Review: Rimmel Kate Nudes Lipstick in No. 48

8:03 PM


Hello everyone,
Hope you're all doing well and enjoyed the Avurudhu festivities. I know for a fact that I have been eating more kokis than I could handle. I thought I will share my review of the Rimmel Kate Nudes Lipstick in No. 48 today. As you know, Rimmel happens to be my favorite brand and most of their products do no wrong in my eyes. So far the only product by Rimmel that I was disappointed with was their soft kohl kajal which was too dry and brittle to work with. I would recommend Rimmel lipsticks to anyone as it ticks all the boxes in terms of affordability and how well it wears. This particular lipstick was one of my March favorites which I featured on my Instagram page. I got this lipstick from ASOS for $6.59.

Click the photos for links.

Packaging:




This has a similar packaging to the other lipsticks in the 'Kate Moss' range with her signature on the front. The nude lipstick range has a peachy pink/ nude packaging which gets straight to the point of the range. As I said on my previous post I wish these lipsticks had names instead of numbers, which are listed at the bottom of the tube. As soon as I open the lid I get a distinct scent of vanilla. Although it may be a tad old-school, most Rimmel lipsticks are scented. I for one, do not mind it, but if you're not one for scented lipsticks it's best you avoid these.




Wear: 


There are 5 shades to pick from and let's be honest, it's not enough to cover the likes of everyone. However I think they have done a fantastic job in terms of including shades with both warm and cool undertones and shades that will suit most skin tones. I was not particularly searching for a nude lipstick that matched my skin tone. I was torn between no. 42 and this one and because I have a deep seated affinity for dark and deep shades I picked this. On my lips it is mauve-brown in color. To me this shade is sort of a revival of a 90's lippie but which can be worn on an every day basis without feeling out of place.

The lipstick is very pigmented and opaque. It applies very smoothly and feels velvety of the lips. It is non-drying and it doesn't accentuate the fine lines on my lips. These last a good 4 to 5 hours on my lips if I opt to not eat every 5 minutes, which admittedly is a very hard thing to do. This is far from the 'it lasts 8 hours' claim. However I find that the lipstick glides on just as smoothly when reapplying so there are no issues of streaks.


Should you get it?:
Yes, if you have beautiful chocolate-y skin tone or you desperately want to be 'in on the 90's trend this is a very good lipstick to try out. Despite not being a complete winner in the 'lasting power' department, this lippie has impressed me to no end. If you dare to go bare, check out the entire range in the Rimmel London Website: http://uk.rimmellondon.com/flexible-campaign/new-nude-collection-by-kate-moss

ASOS has a sale on Rimmel Products at the moment so you can get this lippie for only $6.23 
Send me your suggestions:


Thank you for reading,
Much love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest