Review | Illamasqua Lip Lure in Virtue

10:27 PM



I've been feeling quite spendthrift this year which stems from my urge to try out popular brands and products out of curiosity and to see whether they are worth the hefty price tags attached to them. A couple of months ago Beauty Bay had a sale which included some items from Illamasqua, a prominent brand in the cosmetics industry. So I bought the Illamasqua Lipstick in Shard (if you saw my Instagram story, you know what happened with that one) and their Lip Lure in the shade Virtue which I will review today. The original pricing of the Lip Lure is around $16 on 
BeautyBay, whereas I got it on sale for $11.90. It is available in 10 different shades which includes a deep green and purple (perfect Halloween colors if you ask me).


Claims:

  • Long lasting, color intense liquid lipstick with a beautiful, semi-gloss finish. Lip Lure in Virtue glides onto lips smoothly and provides comfortable, continuous wear. 
  • The slender shaped sponge applicator allows for precise application and its rich pigment provides ultimate color pay off.
Packaging:




The lip lure is packaged in a sleek black tube bearing the logo of the brand (not visible at first glance) with the color indicated in the logo and at the bottom of the tube. 





Instead of a traditional doe foot applicator this comes with a flat sponge applicator. The applicator is quite slender as claimed and helps apply the product with ease. While the color in the logo is a nice touch, to be frank I'm neither disappointed nor overwhelmed with this packaging.


Wear:


The product has a mixture of a floral-fruity scent which again is not for everyone, but I like it. The color Virtue is a bold strawberry red which has pink undertones.  It has great pigmentation and one swipe is enough to cover the entire lips. The wand really helps in moving the product around with ease. While the formula is a lot thicker than the traditional gloss, it applies very smoothly, and is comfortable on the lips. It applies as a semi-gloss being true to its claims. It also isn't tacky unlike other glosses I've used in the past. It does not dry out my lips and remains as a stain on them even after most of the product is removed from the lips. On my lips it lasted about 5 to 6 hours and remained as a stain for another 2-3 hours.


What I didn't like about this product was the amount of transferring it did. Before I left the office I had a lot of cleaning up to do especially the glasses I sipped water out of. While the product may have transferred it took a while before the entire product disappeared from my lips, so I wouldn't complain too much. Also you would need to use a lip liner because the product can bleed outside the lines with time.


Would I recommend it?:

 Despite the fact that it transferred, quite literally everywhere, it is an incredibly pigmented liquid lipstick in a gloss formula, which is rare to stumble upon. If you're up for the price tag, I would say go for it! 

Let me know what you think of the Illamasqua Lip Lure in Virtue in a comment down below.

Shop this post:
Also available on BeautyBay

Thank you for reading,
Much love,


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest