Top 10 Favorite Beauty Purchases of 2016

8:32 PM

It's no secret now that a fair share of my earnings every month are spent on makeup products. My face transforms into the heart-eyed emoji whenever I see new makeup. Hours and hours of online research and reading blog reviews paired with giant mugs of tea results in online shopping bags being filled in a matter of seconds.  So with much difficulty in choosing the products, I've listed my top 10 beauty purchases of 2016.

1. Gerard Cosmetics Lipstick in 1995


With the Gerard Cosmetics 1995 lipstick I feel like I stepped into 2016 on the right foot. It is my favorite lipstick of all time, and is a safety net for when I'm in doubt about the right lip shade (I know, but we all have such moments). It is a beautiful pink-toned brown that works for everyone in my opinion. 
My favorite part about this lipstick is not just the pigmentation but also the formula. No, it is not just matte, it is MATTE. 

2. Rimmel Sculpting Kit in Golden Bronze


Around April last year I decided to purchase a sculpting kit, 2015 me would be laughing so hard if she only knew. As I've stated before, contouring hasn't been my strong point but when I purchased the Rimmel Sculpting Kit in Golden Bronze, things changed, a lot. The contour is neutral toned brown that looks just right, not muddy and certainly not ashy at all. Moreover, this palette contains one of my favorite blush colors of all time, *Insert Kanye West voice* of all time. As I mentioned in my review, I use this blush religiously. It is the most beautiful iridescent pink shade with a gold shimmer.
The reason why I am obsessed with this palette is that on mornings when everything is rushed, I can skip highlighting and contouring altogether and pop some of this on my cheeks. 

3. Lord & Berry Magic Brow in Brunette


2016 marked my first ever purchase from CultBeauty and I have to say I'm so impressed with their services, a.k.a. quick delivery to Sri Lanka. They had a promotion for Lord & Berry products so I decided to purchase their Magic Brow in the shade Brunette. It is creamy and easy to use, comes with a spoolie on one end so there's no need to carry a separate one. 
I love how this product combines three different colors to create the most natural looking brows. 

4. Maybelline Colossal Kajal


I have always and will probably always love the Maybelline Colossal Kajal. I managed to buy a fake one earlier last year, so always make sure you pick up the actual product even if it means spending a few more Rupees. The real product is creamy and pigmented and won't give you raccoon eyes.
My favorite part is obviously how smudge-proof it is even in the most humid of weather conditions.

5. Rimmel Extra Super Lash mascara


Finally I can skip curling my lashes before applying mascara thanks to the Rimmel Extra Super Lash mascara. I find that this actually manages to hold up my lashes for a good period of time and doesn't make the eye makeup look overly dramatic. It doesn't add too much volume but offers good lash separation.
I love using this on my bottom eyelashes because the wand is small enough to cover them and not mess with the under-eye makeup.

6. Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal (Opal Glow on the Go Collection)


2016 also marked the first time I bought products from Becca Cosmetics. I initially wanted to get Champagne Pop but it didn't exactly fit my budget at the time, so instead I got the Opal Glow on the go collection. I'm sure this was featured on one of my monthly favorites but I wanted to fully commit and say it out loud in this post: I am obsessed with this. The Shimmering Skin Perfector gives me the most natural glow, perfect for everyday wear. 
My favorite part about this product, is actually the entire product, from the packaging to the shade to the lasting power.

7. Stila Perfect Me Perfect Hue palette in Medium/ Tan


I bought the Stila Perfect Me Perfect Hue palette for Medium/ Tan skin tones last year as a graduation gift to myself, because you know, it is important to appreciate yourself. One of these days I will run out of excuses. I love this palette, it has both eye shadows and blush colors that compliment tan skin tones so well. This palette contains one of my favorite eyeshadows in the name Daring which is a rose gold. It is a buttery, shimmery perfection that needs no sidekick in the crease. 
I have a strong affinity for anything rose-gold so I bet you can guess why I love this so much.

8. ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Nillionaire 


Another eye shadow I love is Nillionaire by ColourPop, yes I finally tried ColourPop products last year. This is one of their Super Shock shadows and the color is a metallic bronze. My go-to eye makeup look has been blending brown eyeliner in the crease and packing this color on the eyelids. Trust me, there is no better combination. 
From the color to the pigmentation to how soft the eyeshadow is, there is practically nothing to dislike about this.

9. ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in LoveBug



I also purchased a few of the ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip liquid lipsticks and on no makeup days, which translates into no base makeup, just brows and lips, I have been wearing the shade Love Bug.  I love the combination of bold brows and this lipstick. It is a brown-terracotta color which is perfect for fall (when it was first introduced) but also all year 'round for medium/ deep skin tones.
Besides the color I love the formulation, it is matte and therefore lasts a long time and the pigmentation is incredible.

10. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Lipstick in Ultimate Beige


To end the year on a high note, by that I mean, higher priced note, I purchased my first Yves Saint Laurent Lipstick. I cannot tell you how long I've stared at other people's YSL lipstick collections with a heart yearning to own one. After nearly two years of contemplating whether to go for it, I finally gathered the courage and the money to buy one. Seeing the Rouge Volupté Lipstick in the shade Ultimate Beige at the Exclusive lines store in Crescat made me believe in love at first sight.
This is probably the most dramatic I will ever be, but this is hands-down my favorite purchase of 2016.

Do let me know what your 2016 beauty favorites are in a comment down below.


Thank you for reading,
Much love

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest