Review| Makeup Geek Iconic Lipstick in Candid

10:55 PM


Let me start this post by wishing all of you a very Happy New Year. Here's to hoping 2018 brings you lots of love, success and happiness. 

Today I wanted to share with you my review of the Iconic Lipstick by Makeup Geek in the shade Candid. As many of you might have noticed from my Instagram profile, I have been loving this shade for everyday wear. Makeup Geek is a well-known brand, particularly when it comes to eye shadows. They are among the most pigmented, long lasting ones that are of high quality for an affordable price. To move from eye shadows to lipsticks is a huge step for a company. The fact that many beauty bloggers were raving about the lipsticks made me even more excited to try their products. When I saw that BeautyBay was having a sale on Makeup Geek items, I knew I had to grab this. I have never tried any makeup from the brand previously, so this was one of the first products I tried. 

There are 20 shades in the Iconic Lipstick range including both velvet-matte, and shine finish lipsticks. 


Price: $15.00 on MakeupGeek website
$15.40 on BeautyBay

(On sale the pricing of this was $8.70)

Claims:

Candid is a muted rosy brown with warm undertones and a shine finish.
Highly pigmented color in a shine finish leaves your lips feeling silky smooth. 
The sleek Rose-Gunmetal tubes feature a unique color indicator in the cap so you can easily find your ideal shade.

Cruelty-free and vegan
Paraben-Free

Packaging:


The lipstick comes in a box with a metallic side which displays the logo and another which has an ombré effect with black seamlessly integrating with the shade of the lipstick.


The name of the shade, ingredients, and the cruelty-free status of the brand are clearly listed on the package itself. 




The lipstick comes in a slim and sleek gunmetal coloured tube with the colour of the shade indicated on top. The packaging is very sturdy with a cap that seals well (you can actually hear a 'click' sound when closing).

Here's what I had an issue with. At first glance the colour indicator looked more pink and my initial thoughts were, 'gosh this colour is pretty, but it's not exactly how it looked on the website'. Then I opened the tube to find the actual colour to be more of a rose-brown as claimed. So while having a colour indicator on the cap of the lipstick is a brilliant idea, you can't always rely on them to tell you the exact colour.


The lipstick has a slanted oval shape and not the classic tear-drop shape.

Wear:



When you open the cap, you might get a light whiff of vanilla, but the scent is not strong and overpowering which is a positive. 
Candid is rose-brown on lighter skin tones. On my tan skin, it looks more mauve than rose. It does have a warm undertone which makes it flattering to wear as an everyday colour on me. It is well-pigmented and has a shiny finish as claimed. 
It glides with ease and applies smoothly over the lips. You don't have to drag it and it doesn't tug on the lips. In fact, the formula is very comfortable to wear. 
The flip-side is that it transfers a lot, and reapplication after a 11 a.m. snack of Maggi seemed necessary. In general it lasts about 5 hours on my lips.




Would I recommend it?:



For the colour and the comfortable formula, I would definitely recommend it. All the medium skin/ tan girls know the struggle to find a good everyday lip colour, and this one ticks that box. However I would recommend getting this when there are sales going on as the $15 price point is closer to that of luxury ranges. 

Shop This Post:


Let me know what you think of the Makeup Geek Iconic Lipstick in Candid. If you've tried it, feel free to leave a comment down below.

Thank you so much for reading,
Much Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest