Mid-Year favorites

8:00 PM

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Hello everyone,
Hope you're all doing well. I have been spending the past couple of weeks reading for my exams and doing my research work. With all of that happening I feel like my little space here has been neglected. I've missed a lot of monthly favorites posts so I thought I'll write this one to sum it all up. So these are basically all of my favorites so far in this year.


 So as you may know I attended the launch of The Body Shop at Colombo earlier this year ( Read more here: http://mandy-s-heart.blogspot.com/2016/03/the-body-shop-launch.html). I was gifted the Moringa Body Butter which I have been using ever since. It contains cold-pressed moringa seed oil which provides hydration for dry skin.  It has a really subtle scent which I personally love, although some of you may not like scented moisturizers. When I first heard of body butters I assumed they were going to feel thick and greasy on my skin, and the thought of it just made me take a left. However now that I've tried it I am absolutely in love with them. Their website claims that "It melts straight in to leave skin feeling soft and smooth" which is exactly how I would describe it. It is light and not greasy at all, in fact it absorbs easily without sitting on top of my skin. In my experience other moisturizers do not tend to absorb as fast (except for thST. Ives Daily hydrating body lotion with Vitamin E which I have probably put in one of my favorites posts at some point)


My skin has a schedule of its own and goes from dry to oily and it is difficult to find that one product that I can reach out to at all times. So I can safely say that I've found that with this one here. Besides my skin feels smooth and hydrated for a lot longer than my regular moisturizers. These are priced at Rs. 3150 which is somewhat on the pricier side but I have to say it's so well worth it. If you do not like Moringa, you can check out some others including the Almond Body Butter and the Vitamin E Body Butter which piqued my interest as I was browsing through their website. 

Check out The Body Shop Moringa Body Butter here: 
http://www.thebodyshop.lk/products/home-bath--body-body-moisturisers/core---moringa/moringa-body-butter/pid-9860268.aspx



Another product by The Body Shop that I've been loving is the Satsuma body polish. I'm not someone who can manage with a scrub every single day but since this is very gentle, it is perfect for everyday use. The scent is very citrus-y which I did not like at first but really started to enjoy and I feel like this is a summer essential. I really love products with cooling properties for when the sun's out but this has been right next to a lime body wash and to be honest I've been reaching out for this a lot more than the lime one. It leaves my skin smooth and really soft and it has been the perfect accompaniment to my night showers. The price of this is Rs. 1900. 

Check out The Body Shop Satsuma Body Polish here:
 http://www.thebodyshop.lk/products/home-body-care-bc---scrubs/core---satsuma/satsuma-body-polish/pid-10945458.aspx


As you know from my previous post, this is the product I've enjoyed most out of The Regimen Kit by Mario Badescu. I've been traveling more often than not for the past couple of months which means a lot more dirt and oils accumulating on the skin surface. Needless to say this is what brings out the nasty spots on the face. I've been using this as a cleanser every two days or so and it has left my skin clean and dry. As I mentioned on my post I really like how mild this is compared to some other cleansers available on the market which are too harsh to be used daily. On the days I feel worst about the condition of my skin, I make sure that I pair this with the Cucumber cleansing lotion which is a great toner as well.  The 8 oz bottle is $14.90 on BeautyBay.

Get the Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel here:
 http://www.beautybay.com/skincare/mariobadescu/enzymecleansinggel/
https://www.mariobadescu.com/enzyme-cleansing-gel



Moving on to makeup bits, I have two lip products which are my absolute favorites. I feel like I go through existential issues going through Beauty Bay and ASOS. As you may know already by my countless Instagram posts, I've been loving the Gerard Cosmetics lipstick in 1995. This lipstick is perfection in a tube. I mean from the packaging to the pigmentation, it is created in such a way that it would be an instant hit among many (and it is, judging from all the social media posts raving about it). This has become my 'Feel Good' lipstick. *SpongeBob voice* "I love it! I love it!"

You can read my full review here: 
http://mandy-s-heart.blogspot.com/2016/05/review-gerard-cosmetics-lipstick-in-1995.html

Get the Gerard Cosmetics lipstick in 1995 here: 

As you know I love a red lip as much as the next girl. I also happen to adore Rimmel products as I've stated here on my blog. For one thing, their products are so affordable and so well-made. Their lipsticks are among my favorites so I had to include one from them I have been wearing to office recently. Since the Gerard cosmetics is my 'feel good' lippie I have to call this my 'feel fierce' lippie. It is called one-of-a-kind from their new The Only One lipstick collection. It has that fruity berry smell, which again is not for everyone but it satisfies my inner child.


It is a gloriously dark red/ burgundy shade. I'm on the fence about the packaging of this one but everything else about it I love. I'm usually a matte girl because of the lasting power but I was so surprised how well this stayed on despite being a satin finish lipstick. I find that the formulation is significantly better than the Rimmel Nudes by Kate Moss I have which also has a satin finish. It is comfortable on the lips and dries to a beautiful satin finish without leaving my lips feeling like a desert. These retail for GBP 6.99.

Check out the Rimmel London The Only One Lipstick in One of a Kind on the Rimmel website: 
https://uk.rimmellondon.com/products/lips/the-only-1

or on ASOS: 
http://www.asos.com/rimmel-london/rimmel-london-the-only-one-lipstick/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6097925&clr=Itsakeeper200&SearchQuery=rimmel+the+only+one&SearchRedirect=true


Another favorite has been my Rimmel sculpting palette. This palette comes with three shades, one to be used as a highlighter and one a a contour and another as a blush color. I particularly am obsessed with the blush color which is a beautiful coral shade with gold running through it. I love using these shades because to me it is both a blush and a highlighter in one. Translation: I am lazy and I like products which are multi purpose. I find that this shade is particularly beautiful on olive/ tan-skin tones, although in all honesty, there aren't any rules with makeup and any shade can be worn by anyone with confidence. This was $7.91.


Check out the Rimmel London Sculpting Palette on the Rimmel website: 
https://uk.rimmellondon.com/products/face/kate-sculpting-palette

or on ASOS: 

I haven't been wearing a lot of eye makeup recently because my right eye has started tearing whenever I do. I am starting to think it is because of my eye lash curler which I've had for what seems like an eternity. Tip: Always throw away expired makeup and makeup applicators. So this is why I only have one eye product I've been using over the last couple of months. It is my Bourjois clubbing eyeliner which has great pigmentation and is so creamy and easy to apply. Since I haven't been wearing mascara, I've been trying smoky eye looks for which this is perfect since it blends very easily to create the gradation needed for the perfect smoky eye. I find that it smudges easy if worn on its own, so I always set it with some black eye shadow.  The pricing of this one was $5.65.



Also how exciting is it that Cosmo is now in Sri Lanka. I have never been someone to buy fashion magazines as they release. I have stacks of old and worn out magazines from the 90's which I use for inspiration after hunting them down in the old bookstores in Maradana. However I have been a big fan of the magazine since its launch and I find their beauty and career features to be so inspiring. I love the advice columns and seeing the latest trends on the bold and bright pages. I find that Cosmo has got everything covered in terms of fashion/ beauty/ life and it's for anyone and everyone. The pricing which is Rs. 200 is very reasonable as well.

The magazines are available at Sarasavi Bookshop, Kelly Felder and Keells stores and you can also check it out on their website: 
http://cosmomag.lk/

That's all my favorites for now!

Send me your suggestions:
Twitter: @sakuniamanda 


Thank you for reading,
Much love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest