Review: Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Serenity

12:30 AM




Hello everyone,
Hope you've been well! I am almost done with my research work so things are getting less hectic on my end. So I thought I will pop in here and give you a review of my Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick in the shade Serenity. As you know I've been obsessing over the Gerard Cosmetics lipstick in 1995, it's still the best-est in my books, but this lippie is just as good! I got this on BeautyBay for just $11.70.

The shade I picked up was created in collaboration with MannyMUA on YouTube. If you haven't seen his videos, do check him out because he has got some serious eyeliner skills. He describes this lipstick as 

" a beautiful warm pink, with hints of brown, a very comfortable non-drying matte formula that feels as if there is nothing on your lips" 

With that in mind, let's get to the review!

Packaging: 




I've got to hand it over to Gerard Cosmetics for their packaging, I mean doesn't it just look so luxurious? It's got a gold cap and the tube has a frosted glass effect which is really beautiful. You can actually see the shade inside as well. It has a doe-foot applicator which makes the application process so much easier (If you've tried applying liquid lipsticks, you know the struggle). 





Wear:



The product has a light vanilla scent and the color according to Manny is a warm pink with hints of brown. However considering my skin tone, which is more tan, it is a hint more pink than brown. Still, it is quite wearable unlike other frosty pinks which I personally am not a fan of.



It applies easily and I didn't have to go over and over with it to get the color payoff. So it ticks all boxes in terms of ease of application and pigmentation. I love matte lips but often enough they end up being extremely drying and uncomfortable to wear unless I use a lip balm and moisturize beforehand. With this lipstick however I didn't have to use a lip balm beforehand because it wasn't overly drying and in fact was very comfortable to wear. Dare I say, it might even have been hydrating. It truly feels as if there is nothing on my lips because of its lightweight formula. Overall, I'm a big fan of this formula for a liquid lipstick.



Now for the most important question, how well does it last over time? On me this lipstick lasted past breakfast, well into afternoon tea which is around 6-7 hours. I even took a shower and a nap wearing this and there was no smearing or lipstick marks on my pillowcases.

Should you get it?
The answer is a quite obvious YES!  because this is one great lipstick. They have a great range of colors, especially some cool toned purples and greys for those of you who are more adventurous than myself.

Gerard Cosmetics website: 
https://www.gerardcosmetics.com/
Beauty Bay often has offers for Gerard Cosmetics so keep an eye out for them! 

Send me your suggestions:
Twitter: @sakuniamanda 


Thank you for reading,
Much love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest