Why You Need The Body Shop's Body Yogurt In Your Life

1:32 AM


Subha Aluth Avuruddak Wewa!

Hope all of you are enjoying the New Year festivities. I hope you're eating all the kevili you can muster. I myself am loving the mun kevum. This year I might actually attempt to make milk toffee to bring to the office folks on Thursday. So do keep your fingers crossed for me.

Sweet treats aside, I wanted to come back with a new post because it's been a while since I last wrote a piece for the blog. Besides, this review has been lying in my drafts folder for a while now. So let's get to it.



Last year, I was generously gifted the Body Yogurt collection by The Body Shop. As you know, their body butters, specifically their coconut body butter is among my favourite moisturisers. In fact, I got it for my dad but ended up keeping it because I absolutely loved the tropical smell, and the velvety feel of it. With the body butters, the process of moisturising looked like this: I would get home from work, have a shower, and douse myself in the body butter, and by morning I would have properly moisturised skin. It stays that way for the entire day until I repeat the cycle.
This was working for me just fine, until things got super busy and I was tackling multiple things at once. Gotta keep up with those multiple strokes "/" next to our names, right? I would get home from work, and do some more work, take a shower, and get back to reading and creative plans afterwards. I honestly fumbled through my skin care routine, and managed to experience firsthand what the absence of proper skin care would do.


 So when I got these body yogurts, I actually made an attempt to rebuild a routine, at least for the sake of a review. I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of how the body yogurts blended into my current daily routine. Because life was so hectic the only time I had to properly use the body butters was on the weekends. With these body yogurts, I was always able to apply them after my morning shower, even if I couldn't moisturise the night before. The fantastic part is how they would sink right in. I didn't have to worry about my skin being sticky afterwards.

This is precisely why you need it in your life. It is the perfect formula for those of us, who are constantly on the go!

I guess I pretty much summed up my thoughts on these, but there's more details below for those of you who are interested in knowing more about these.


Amount of Product: 200ml (6.98Oz)
Price: Rs. 2,600

Claims:



NEW lightweight, fast-absorbing gel-cream formula
100% vegan
48hr moisture

Stats listed on the website:
87% agree the formula absorbs instantly*
86% like that the formula works on damp skin*
3 in 4 agree they can put their jeans on straight after application*
95% agree skin feels moisturized*
81% agree skin appears radiant*

*User trial on 104 women & men.


How to Use:
Massage into skin whenever you need a hit of hydration. You can even apply it straight onto damp skin after showering.

Packaging:
The product comes packaged in a pot with a screw open lid. The lid bears the respective flavour and the pot bears the name of the brand and product, along with directions for application and ingredients on a sticker. Overall, the packaging is not just utilitarian, but also aesthetically pleasing especially laid out on the top of the dresser.






The banana one is a special edition, so the lid on the pot is a little different and has a lot of very yellow, illustrations of bananas on a pink backdrop with lettering suggesting to 'go bananas'.


Results:



Let's talk about how fresh the scent of each of these body yogurts are. As soon as I open each pot I'm greeted with a pleasant, and dare I say accurate scent (talking about the banana body yogurt here). It lingers on the skin for a while too. The almond has a beautiful, subtle scent that I am all about. While I'm usually not one for fruity scents I really liked the balance of the strawberry one. It wasn't nose tingling sharp (#Winning). The British rose smells fresh and not like one of those powdery rose-scents. The same goes for the Moringa one which is mellow but distinct. You already know how I feel about the banana scent; I suppose that requires an "acquired taste".


In terms of the formula, they got it spot on when they introduced the product as a body 'yogurt' in distinction to their body 'butters'. While the butters are thick, these body yogurts are at a midpoint between a gel and a cream. This is what gives the product a lightweight feel. It's not sticky whatsoever, and not greasy either. It does absorb almost instantaneously as claimed. Due to this reason I can slip into my clothes soon after, without having to wait for the product to get absorbed to avoid the clothes sticking to my skin. When it comes to hydration this does a good job in keeping my skin moisturised.


 I cannot practically test out the claim of the product retaining moisture for 48 hours. What I can say is that I apply this in the morning around 6 a.m. and I find that this keeps my skin moisturised until I get home around 7:30 p.m. I do find that these days when it's scorching hot outside, I do need some additional moisture. Then again, I personally don't think it counts as a con of the product.



Would I Recommend It?:
100% yes! As I stated earlier, if you're someone who's been slacking on moisturising or you have a hectic schedule, this is a wonderful product you can keep with yourself. You will no longer have to wait 15 minutes for the moisturiser to absorb, AND you won't be able to make excuses for not moisturising! 






Website Details:
The Body Shop LK Instagram

Let me know what you think of the Body Yogurts by The Body Shop if you've tried them, in a comment down below.


Thank you for reading this post!
Much Love,

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Everytime I read your posts, I feel like buying those products. One of your posts actually made me to go and look for that product...Thank you for taking time to write your experience about these products and sharing it with us. I really love your writing style. So simple and live.authentic.Appreciate your good work and keep it up Sakuni. සුභ අලුත් අවුරුදද්ක් වේවා....

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest