Review| ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Weenie

12:33 AM


Hello everyone!
Hope you've all been well. As most of you know, KathleenLights is one of my favourite YouTube personalities and I have followed her collaborations quite closely. When she came up with her second eyeshadow quad 'Where the night is', I was drawn to this beautiful rose-gold shade which was named after one of her doggies, Selene. I thought this was the perfect lid shade for an everyday glam look. Since I love using just two or three eyeshadows (at most) for my eye makeup, I could just blend a muted pink onto the crease (example, the blush colour Mysterious by Stila) and then apply this shade on the lids. The performance of this eyeshadow was beyond what was expected.

Price: $5
Claims: 


"Our revolutionary creme-powder eyeshadow, famous for its unique bouncy texture, delivers bold metallic foiled colour in one swipe without creasing, fading or fallout."

"An ultra-metallic true rose gold"

Packaging:


This came in a white box labelled "Super Shock" with a circular cut-out so that the shade was visible. It was when I was photographing this that I realised that I had misplaced the box, so I'm really sorry for not having any pictures for reference. The pot itself is white with a screw-on transparent lid (for the most part) which ensures that the product is sealed well. The name of the shade is clearly stated at the bottom, along with the amount of product you get. 


Wear:



The colour is true to its description of being an "ultra metallic true rose-gold". For some reason the pot suggests it has a pearlised finish, but in my experience this is classified as a metallic finish. It has excellent pigmentation, one of the best of all ColourPop eyeshadows I own. The consistency is that of a creme but once applied it sets as a powder which means there's no visible fall-out, YAY! 
The tips on application suggest using fingertips, which I found was the best way to pack on the product and it was the most convenient way of application. I did apply with a flat synthetic brush in an effort to make the look neat, and found the results to be good, but the outcome was not as opaque as expected. This isn't of great concern, since this particular shade and its formula are preferable as a lid colour as opposed to a crease colour. 
It lasted around 7 hours (this is how long I tested the product for) without primer on my lids, without significant creasing, fading or in general causing a mess which has been my experience with other metallic shades. 
Would I recommend it?: 
Absolutely! This one is a must-have for any fan of the brand ColourPop. The colour is gorgeous and in combination with the formula, and the longevity of the product, it's a necessity for any makeup enthusiast. 
Shop This Post: 
Let me know what you think of the ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Weenie. If you've tried it, feel free to leave a comment down below.
Thank you so much for reading,
Much love,


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest