Review: Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm-Standout Remarquable

10:59 PM



Hey lovelies!  
I’ve been meaning to write this post for some time now, but never got around to it. I’m going to review Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in No. 250- Standout Remarquable (yes that’s how it’s spelt!) for you in this post. Revlon also has a range of Lacquer Balms but I specifically went for a matte balms and the shade I was searching for- Sultry (No. 225) was not available. So I picked this one out after much deliberation. I bought mine from the mini Revlon store at K-Zone Jaela for Rs. 1850 ($13.8).

Packaging:
The matte balms have an appropriate matte packaging while the packaging on the laquer ones are shiny with a metallic effect. The store had a lot of testers and the balm itself came with a safety sticker which was some reassurance that it was not swatched by others. It is basically a chubby stick which is retractable. The color on the package is similar to what’s inside, so that's a plus point.  The ingredients are mentioned in the package (underneath the label) which include coconut oil, mango and shea butter.

Wear:
For those of you who don’t like scented lipsticks/ balms this is not for you, because it has a strong mint smell. I personally didn’t mind it, as a matter of fact, I enjoyed the fresh peppermint scent. Does it standout? Absolutely! I’m so glad I got this because to me, this is the perfect red. It has blue undertones and has a true matte finish. I was more impressed by its ability to keep my lips hydrated while having the matte effect. It glides evenly with no patchiness whatsoever and is light-weight so you don’t feel caked with makeup. It's very opaque and one application is enough because it’s very pigmented and removal is quite easy as well. Just don’t mistake this for one of those tinted balms.


Having said that, the downside to me is the staying power. I expected this to last me quite a while but as it transfers quite easily I have to reapply every 3-4 hours. Re-application isn’t much of an issue as it can be done quite smoothly unlike with other matte lipsticks. Another tiny issue would be the tip, as with every application it would wear out. Eventually I would have to line my lips with a liner before I apply this to avoid any bleeding.

Would I buy this product again?
I do feel like I would repurchase this one because never before have I come across a perfect red shade. Then again considering the price tag I expected to get something that would last me quite a while. So right now, I’m on the fence about it but it’s a great lippie if you want to own a matte shade which doesn’t dry your lips. I swatched many of them while I was at the store and I would definitely say go for the brights because the colors available are just glorious. 

Rating (out of 5): ❤❤❤❤

Please leave a comment below sharing your experience if you've tried any of the Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balms.

Check out their website for more details.

Much love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest