A New Addition to My Skin Care Routine| Face Shaving?

6:07 PM

Face Shaving

Yes, you heard that right!
This post is going to be about face shaving.

Over the past few months, I've seen an influx of blog posts, YouTube videos and Instagram tutorials about face shaving. Naturally I was curious, but also had serious doubts as to whether I could trust myself with a razor. I've thought about it (rather extensively), and read up more on the topic and decided that I wanted to try it myself. I'm not 'adult' enough to try this with an actual razor. So I went to Srina Palace and found this packet of Tinkle razors which are supposed to be for brows. You get a pack of 3 razors for Rs. 180.

Face Shaving

I do this on weekends, since I prefer not applying makeup after I do this. I strongly suggest that you don't do it either.

Since this is a dry razor, I begin with a fresh face. This means I wash and dry my face with a towel beforehand. Then I start shaving by placing the razor at an angle, and by using short downward strokes in the direction my hair grows. It's really important to be patient during this process unless you want razor cuts. I remember being a know-it-all in my second try and being too quick for my own good, which resulted in me scraping my chin with the razor. Once you're done make sure you wash your face, pat it dry, and apply some moisturiser, and let your skin breathe for the rest of the day/ night. 

What I've noticed after face shaving:

·        My skin was exfoliated and it added light to my face.
·        The skin care and makeup products I applied went on more smoothly.
·        As a beauty blogger, I noticed that my photos don't highlight the peach fuzz I would usually have. 
·        I did not notice my hair growing back thicker which was an initial concern going into this.

 I try to do this every three weeks, so if you do start this you ought to know that it is to be done regularly, in the same manner in which you get your brows done. 

Face Shaving

Face Shaving

Speaking of, I also use these to keep my brows in shape. While I still do visit the salon to get them done, I find that with these I don't have to make regular visits.

Apart from face shaving, I kept one of these in my handbag when I wore dresses during April holidays. Not to sound too high-maintenance but I find it rather annoying to have a clean shave (with Veet) and then find one hair sticking out on my leg. Ugh, there's nothing more frustrating than patting yourself in the back for a good job, and then finding that one hair. You know what I mean? 

Anyway, when it comes to sanitation, I think it's best to throw these away after using these once. You'll notice a lot of debris on the blade after use, and even if you do clean it, it won't do you any favours to use it for a second time, especially on the face where the skin can be easily irritated.

Face Shaving

I reckon you won't be disappointed with keeping a packet of these. It sure has come in handy in my case.

However, remember that if you do this, you do it for yourself and not because you're guilt-tripped or shamed into doing this. It's not a mandatory beauty practice.

At the end of the day, you are still beautiful, because as corny as this may sound, your heart is beautiful.You are still you!

Let me know what your thoughts about face shaving are, in a comment down below, or if you've tried face shaving let me know what your experience was.

Thank you so much for reading,
Much Love,


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Hey there!
    I just wanted to thank you for having such an inspiration blog!
    I really love it <3
    Keep up the great job.

    -Daria
    https://dariaed.com/met-gala-2018-celebrities-on-the-red-carpet/
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/daria-edu-19010657

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you so much!
      I'm so glad I checked out your blog. I love your blog posts! <3 They are really informational and inspiring!
      Xx
      Mandy

      Delete
  2. I do shave my face -- with the same razors. Having said that, I really appreciate that you said that the practice is optional. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Yes these razors are really gentle. Thank you for reading the post! When I started face shaving, I also questioned whether I wanted to do it for myself or because it was a trending beauty practice. It was only right to let everyone know it is optional and not mandatory. :)

      Delete
  3. I just bought these exact same ones from Amazon for my first attempt at shaving my face, but found them to be quite dull. Maybe I got a dud?

    Anne|Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah sounds like you got some defective ones. :/ These work great for me, and I specifically bought this brand because Carli Bybel (from YouTube) uses them too.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest