New Release by The Body Shop| Fuji Green Tea Refreshingly Purifying Cleansing Hair Scrub

8:13 PM


Hello everyone!
As you may have seen from the Instagram stories on Tuesday evening, I attended yet another amazing event organised by The Body Shop Sri Lanka. The focus of the event was on hair care and their new releases, particularly the Fuji Green Tea Refreshingly Purifying Cleansing Hair Scrub. Mr. Alex Fleming from Alex Hair Salon was present at the event, and offered very valuable advice on hair care and maintenance.

 

Note: All of The Body Shop products are cruelty-free, and the products listed below are formulated without silicones. 

Info-graphic credit: The Body Shop

Fuji Green Tea Refreshingly Purifying Cleansing Hair Scrub


To start off, the Fuji Green Tea Refreshingly Purifying Cleansing Hair Scrub is a delightful addition to the Fuji Green Tea range. To be honest, I've never tried a hair scrub before, so I was intrigued by the product. Mr. Alex explained the amount of damage that a day out can do, what with all the sweat, dust and pollution. This is precisely why we need a hair scrub. This scrub contains a blend of Japanese green tea, mint menthol, salt crystals and honey. 


Claims:
For normal to oily hair and scalp
Gently massage to remove impurities and reduce build-up on hair
Hair feels clean and purified with a healthy-looking shine

This can replace shampoo in your shower routine for days when you need a thorough cleanse. 

I tested this product yesterday, yes, despite how chilly the weather is at the moment. There's no better feeling than having a nice refreshing shower, and curling up in bed with a hot cup of tea and a good book, or in my case a FRIENDS marathon. This hair scrub has a refreshing and sharp scent, and the formula is thick and granulated, so you need the slightest amount to cleanse and scrub. As Mr. Alex explained, I scooped up some of the product and mixed with water, and formed a rich lather and applied on to the hair.  According to his experience most of us, myself included, tend to take product straight on to the palm and apply it right away onto the top of the head without diluting. I didn't quite realise how damaging this is to the scalp. This time, I made sure that I diluted with water and then I gently massaged in the product to work its magic, and this it did. My hair felt clean, really clean and refreshed after using this. Of course I would have to test the product out for a lot longer before I can give you a full review, but on first try, this really did impress me.


Fuji Green Tea Refreshingly Purifying Shampoo




Claims:
For normal hair
Refreshes and purifies the hair and scalp
Formulated without colourants

I haven't tested out this product yet, so I will keep you all updated on how it is. However, I imagine this is just as refreshing as the hair scrub as it contains green tea. Moreover, this will be perfect for those of you who experience your hair hair getting greasy very quickly. Keep in mind that this too needs to be diluted before applying on the hair and you can gently massage the scalp to really allow the product to cleanse effectively. You can use this interchangeably with another shampoo, which is what I intend on doing, as I already love the Ginger shampoo.

Fuji Green Tea Refreshingly Hydrating Conditioner



Claims: 
For normal hair
Refreshes and hydrates the hair and scalp

Along with the hair scrub as a replacement for shampoo, I tested out this conditioner yesterday. Another great tip by Mr. Alex was to not apply conditioner on hair with water dripping. I am definitely guilty of doing this. It might seem like common sense to you to squeeze out the excess water to minimize product wastage, but I, of course, am too busy singing Taylor Swift songs, pretending I'm performing at the Madison Square Garden whilst in the shower to have paid attention. So yesterday I took his advice and removed excess water and applied the conditioner to my hair from the middle portion to the tips, and then proceeded to use whatever product that was remaining on my palm on the roots of the hair (the newer hair). I don't quite know if it is because of this tip, the conditioner itself, or the mix of both, but my hair is incredibly smooth and I am living for this. The conditioner is very hydrating on its own, and has a mild green tea scent which is not overpowering which I appreciate. On first try, this product receives two-thumbs-up from me. 

Mr. Alex talking about the Ginger shampoo


Among other hair care products were the Banana Truly Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner, and the Ginger Anti-dandruff scalp care Shampoo which had a fresh new packaging. The ginger shampoo and banana conditioner are what I've been using thus far, as I've mentioned on my Shower Essentials post.

Info-graphic credit: The Body Shop

Thank you The Body Shop Sri Lanka for inviting me to the event, and letting me try out these products. 
As always, I will keep you updated on how these products work after thoroughly testing them out.
Make sure to follow me on Instagram (@sakuamanda) for more updates.


Shop This Post


Alex Hair Salon

If you've tried any of these products, feel free to leave a comment down below. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thank you for taking time to read this post,
Much Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest