Review| ColouPop Ultra Matte Lip In Cloudscape

8:16 PM

Review| ColouPop Ultra Matte Lip In Cloudscape

Another Sunday, another lipstick review.

Today I will be sharing with you my experience with the Ultra Matte Lip in Cloudscape by ColourPop. This is a chocolate-y shade, and there is a reason why I was drawn to this dark lip colour. As a teenager I remember purchasing two lip glosses from Keells (I remember that glosses were 'in' back in 2008, and also that they were quite esspensive). The two shades I picked up were a shimmery champagne, and a creamy chocolate brown. I wish I remembered the brand because now that I think about it, they were pretty good. I used to fill in my lip with the champagne colour and line with the brown lip gloss. Lip gloss as liner. What was I even thinking? The point is, I haven't come across a brown like that in a while. So when I saw this colour I thought I will try it out.

Price: $6.50 (Roughly around Rs. 1,030)
NET WT: 3.2g (0.11oz)

Claims:

Review| ColouPop Ultra Matte Lip In Cloudscape

This thin, lightweight formula smoothly glides on the lips leaving SUPER intense pigment with a bold, ultra-matte look. It is very long-wearing and 100% kiss-proof AKA no transferring!

The boldest formula of our liquid lipsticks - in one smooth swipe, you’ll get intense color payoff that dries down to a super matte, transfer-proof finish.


Cloudscape is described as a muted chocolate.


Packaging:

Review| ColouPop Ultra Matte Lip In Cloudscape

The liquid lipstick comes in a box which bears the ColourPop logo and the name of the product, with the name of the shade on the side. The product is packed in a clear tube with a silver cap. It bears the name of the brand in their typical holographic silver print. 

Review| ColouPop Ultra Matte Lip In Cloudscape Review| ColouPop Ultra Matte Lip In Cloudscape

The name of the shade is clearly stated on the bottom. 

Review| ColouPop Ultra Matte Lip In Cloudscape

The applicator is the usual doe-foot applicator.

Wear:

Review| ColouPop Ultra Matte Lip In Cloudscape


Cloudscape is described as a muted chocolate and if by 'muted' they mean to say that this isn't a warm-toned, rich and creamy chocolate, then I agree. It pulls off as a slightly cool toned brown, and appears almost as if it is a mix between a taupe and a brown when dried. Typically dark lip colours are difficult to make, in terms of getting the formula and the pigmentation right. It appears that making this shade was a struggle because the pigmentation is below par. On first coat, I could see my lip colour seeping through. So I applied one coat, and waited for it to dry before applying another to achieve full and opaque coverage. I mean, you could say it is buildable but ColourPop has managed to get that one swipe full pigment in some of their other lipsticks, so this was a let-down. If you are planning to buy this anyway, make sure to add a matching lip liner to the basket to be more precise around the edges.

I will say that the formula is true to its claims of being thin and lightweight, hence it glides with ease. It doesn't transfer which is a definite positive. I did find it to be a little more drying in comparison to their other lipsticks.

Review| ColouPop Ultra Matte Lip In Cloudscape


It lasted around 4 hours in general on my lips. I noticed the product on the inner part of my lip was wiped clean (meaning I digested it) after a breakfast of toast, eggs and sausages. I noticed the lipstick flecks on my teeth upon close inspection. Yikes! However I will say that re-application was not an issue. 

Review| ColouPop Ultra Matte Lip In Cloudscape

Would I Recommend It?:
Not really. If you're a fan of trying different colours then you might be interested in having this. If you're someone who's looking for a long-lasting, pigmented colour for everyday wear (especially if you have chocolate skin), then this is not for you.

Shop This Post:


What do you think about the ColouPop Ultra Matte Lip In CloudscapeLet me know how your experience with it was in a comment down below.

Thank you so much for taking time to read this!
Much Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest