Exciting Skin/ Hair Care Package from Spice Island

8:09 PM


Hello everyone!
So earlier this Friday I received a very exciting package from the brand Spice Island. I haven't come across this brand before ( I really don't know why) and hence haven't tried their products before I received the package. 


Spice Island is best described in their website as a brand that focuses on a 'holistic approach to personal skin and hair care'. They rely on Ayurvedha, one of the oldest healing systems, prevalent in both Sri Lanka and India which attempts to promote well-being through more natural methods. Thus the brand caters to individuals who are conscious when it comes to products they use on their hair and skin. Their products are made out of natural ingredients like spices, and herbs which are directly sourced from Sri Lanka. Their products are also manufactured right here in Sri Lanka. 


Their representatives have been in contact with me and very kindly, sent me a some of their products,  to try out and to let you know my thoughts. The reason why this post is appearing later here, is because I've had the busiest of weeks with research proposals and assignments. So receiving this was like getting a nice care package. Upon receiving the package, one of the first things that caught my eye was the mentioning of how the brand was paraben free and cruelty free (not tested on animals). As I enthusiastically opened the box, I was greeted to 3 of their products. I thought I will share with you my first impressions, here and now.


Ceylon Tea Shower Gel


Claims:


Antiseptic and Cleansing
Anti-inflammatory
Rich Later and clean scent

Thoughts:

Okay, so I couldn't resist waiting any longer (what's new?), and I tried this out yesterday. The product itself has a very mild scent and upon lathering and washing off, it left a 'clean' scent, just as described. For those of you who do not like scented shower products, this one will fit just right in your bath/ shower.


On first impressions, I think this really did a good job in cleansing and I didn't experience any adverse skin reactions, which is always a positive. I also feel like this is one of the products you will enjoy using for a night shower, as a part of a winding-down routine. Trust me, it is so relaxing!

Tamarind Seed Extract Day Cream


Claims:
Improves skin elasticity 
Visibly smoothes signs of aging
Long term hydration

Tamarind is known to be the most powerful moisturizer with healing properties to protect skin against harmful effects of the environment. 
It is recommended for all skin types.

Thoughts:
I couldn't resist trying this one out too (so much for my self-restraint *facepalm*). The product is suggested to be applied to the face and neck after cleansing and toning. I haven't still applied this on my face, but I tried it on my hands as I always do when I test products. This cream smells so good, sweet but not sickly sweet. It is refreshing! It has a moderately thick consistency, the amount that is just right to absorb fast and provide intense hydration. I can already tell that I'm falling  in love with this one because my hands feel so soft and moisturized this morning. 


King Coconut Shampoo


Claims: 


Naturally promotes hair growth
Leaves hair shiny and lustrous
Maintains colour


Thoughts:


Not going to lie, I do want all of the above. This is the only product that I haven't tried just yet. The consistency is not thick like the other shampoos, which is good because it would mean that it won't leave any residue after rinsing off. Besides, I'm a fan of anything coconut-y so I'm very excited to give this a go. 


Thank you Spice Island for allowing me to try your products, for your dedication in using natural ingredients and for being paraben and cruelty free.

Since these are my first impressions, I will make sure I update you soon after thoroughly trying these out. In the meantime, if you want to have a look at their products, they are available at 
all Barefoot outlets and the Cotton Collection flagship store. 


If you've tried any products by Spice Island, feel free to leave a comment down below. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thank you for taking time to read this post,
Much Love,


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest