Mandy Loves| Shower Essentials

11:22 PM


Hope you all have been loving August so far. I've been so busy recently with studies, writing and what not, that a shower has become my favorite way to cope. I've been told that if you're ever overwhelmed with emotions, or frustrated about the present or future, a shower is the perfect way to clear the mind and gain momentum. This, I can guarantee is absolutely true. It's such a good way to re-evaluate your life decisions, not even joking. So with this post, I thought I will share with you some of my favorite products that I use in or immediately after a shower. 

Disclaimer: I know that this post will seem like an ad for The Body Shop, but it really is not. So I will mention the products that I bought myself separately from the ones that were given to me at their launch events. This is in no way to brag, but to remain transparent in the eyes of all of you, my loyal readers.

 Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo by The Body Shop



I have been using this shampoo since the beginning of this year. I bought this personally after seeing a lot of bloggers raving about how great it is as an anti-dandruff shampoo. It has a strong and sharp ginger scent, which I like (especially since I can detect it when my brother steals it). In my mind, it intensifies the 'fresh out of the shower' feeling. In terms of its application, it doesn't lather up like a lot of other shampoos, which means it does't leave any excess residue. The formula has a kind of a clear gel consistency as opposed to a cream, and it is not too runny nor too thick. I have noticed that it is really mild on the scalp and hasn't caused an irritation throughout the period I've been using it. One con I'd like to point out, is that this does make my hair feel drier than other shampoos, so I always make sure I condition afterwards.

British Rose Shower Gel by The Body Shop 


This post might as well be called a youtube instagram-made-me-buy-it, because this too was personally purchased. I've been wanting to try something from the British Rose range because the scent is often raved about, and I could definitely see why. love the subtle rose scent which is refreshing but not too strong. This will be a great gift for someone who does not enjoy sharply scented products. Besides the Wild Argan Oil one, I think this is a steady favorite. It gently cleanses and keeps my skin soft.

Head to Toe Baby Wash by Baby Cheramy


I know what you're thinking, "Is she for real?". Yes, yes I am. I am well aware that it is for babies and that I'm not one...most of the time. However, I love this product for night time showers. Whenever I've had a long day and all I can think about is my bed and sleeping my worries away, this is my go-to product. I think it has to do with the lavender scent (a personal favourite). It really does calm me down and provides gentle cleansing as claimed.

Banana Truly Nourishing Conditioner by The Body Shop 


This product was given to me at the most recent launch of The Body Shop's cruelty free program in Sri Lanka. Personally, I do not enjoy the banana smell; yes, it really does smell like ripe bananas. This is ideal for anyone who enjoys natural products with tropical/ fruity scents. However I can look past the smell, which doesn't linger for too long, because this makes my hair so soft. Usually I look for conditioners that de-tangle my hair, and give it shine. This, in addition to these qualities also softens my hair. It's not too heavy and doesn't make my hair feel greasy-major plus! 

Strawberry Body Sorbet by The Body Shop 


This is another product that was given to me along with the conditioner on the day of the launch. Who doesn't love strawberries, right? This product has a mild strawberry scent that is not too intense. I love using this right after I pop out of the shower. Branding it as a sorbet is smart, because that's exactly what the texture of the product feels like. It is very lightweight and absorbs really fast which is great because my skin doesn't feel tacky after application. I usually opt for their body butters to keep my skin hydrated for extended periods of time, but I prefer to apply them overnight. Since this is fast absorbing, I can rely on this to keep my skin hydrated particularly on rushed mornings. 

Huile Prodigieuse Multi-purpose Dry Oil by NUXE


This. I can't even begin to explain. I did not know I needed a dry oil in my life before this. The quality is assured as the NUXE products are made in France. Starting with the scent which is mild, feels very summery, tropical with hints of vanilla and fresh florals. It smells somewhat like jasmine although I can't find it listed on the website. I wish the scent stayed for a lot longer and I wish the scent was bottled up and sold as a perfume. I use it on the inside of my wrists, collarbones and my hair, to add shine. Although it is listed as a multi purpose oil for body, hair and face, I personally don't see myself applying this on my face, just FYI. It really does lock in the moisture and make my skin look fresh and radiant. The brand also has eco-friendly jars and lists several commitments to the environment on their website. The highs end there unfortunately because I found out that while they do not test on animals, they sell their products in a country which has mandatory animal testing.

Let me know if you have tried any of these products or if you would like for me to try a new product, in a comment down below.

Shop This Post:

Thank you so much for taking time to read this post,
Much Love, 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest