Review| ColourPop Lippie Stix in Taurus

7:55 PM


Hey everyone!
It's that time of the year when elsewhere in the world, people are layering up, carving pumpkins, and hunting for the best halloween costumes. I'm thinking Dolores from WestWorld or Eleven from Stranger Things or maybe an avocado, yes I actually found one online, would be the best this year. Okay, getting derailed here but everyone seems to be enjoying everything about this autumnal season. Yes, we don't experience autumn here in Sri Lanka, but still it shouldn't keep us from getting in on the A/W 2017 trends, and creating fall makeup looks, right? I feel like I really come alive during autumn, it's my favourite season especially when it comes to makeup as I get to wear my bold purples and brown lipsticks. One such lippie I've been enjoying, and personally thinks that it fits the season perfectly is the Lippie Stix in Taurus. This was created in collaboration with KathleenLights on YouTube. I love watching her makeup and haul videos online, and  I think she kind of nailed the warm brown lip colour with this one.

Price: $5.00

Claims:

Get one swipe pigmentation in a full-coverage, matte finish in a super comfortable formula loaded with skin-loving ingredients like Shea butter and Vitamin E.Super long-wearing, ultra comfortable, and loaded with pigment.
A matte mid-tone yellow brown

Packaging:




The lippie stix comes in a box which bears the ColourPop logo and the name of the product in holographic silver print, with the name of the shade and formula on the side. The sleek white tube packaging of the product itself bears both the ColourPop logo and the name of the product in holographic silver print. The name of the shade and formula is at the bottom which is coloured in the same shade as the lipstick, so it makes it easy to find if you have quite a collection. The lipstick is a slanted oval as opposed to the classic tear drop shape.







Wear:



There is a distinct scent in the product that I can't quite describe, but it fades with time. In terms of colour, I think the shade is a true warm rusty-brown. It certainly is a unique colour, which in my opinion is perfect for autumn. The claim of being 'loaded with pigment' is very true, there was no patchiness in application and it offered coverage in one swipe.



In terms of the claim that is it 'matte', I find that this is bordering on satin finish as it doesn't completely dry down and it retains a slight sheen on the lips. It is very creamy, and applies with such ease it seems like butter, yes really. There was no tugging or pulling on the lips which is great. The formula is indeed ultra comfortable. On to the cons, this lipstick does transfer. After a breakfast of Topz Creamy Chicken noodles (you've got to try this if you haven't already), I noticed that the lipstick wore off on the inside of the lips. Re-application wasn't an issue, as the formula is so creamy. In general, it stays put for around 4 hours on my lips.


Would I recommend it?:
If you're looking for a shade of lipstick fit for autumn, with a comfortable formula that is not matte and retains a sheen then this one is definitely worth getting.

Shop This Post:


Let me know what you think of the ColourPop Lippie Stix in Taurus. If you've tried it, feel free to leave a comment down below.

Thank you so much for reading,
Much Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest