Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash by The Body Shop

5:50 PM


Hello everyone!

Hope you've all been well. As you probably saw from my Instagram stories, I was very generously gifted a skin-care Hamper from The Body Shop which included some products from their Vitamin E range, as well as the Tea Tree range. As you already know my love for their tea tree products go as far back as 2016, as evidenced by this post: The Blemish Battling duo: Anti-Imperfection Daily Solution and 3-in-1 Wash Scrub and Mask. Since then I've tried out the tea tree oil itself, which maybe tiny but is really effective in drying out nasty spots, and also the mattifying toner which pretty much completes a thorough cleansing ritual. 


Naturally, I end up sharing my enthusiasm about this range with everyone I meet (sorry not sorry). So earlier this year my cousin sister ended up buying this facial wash and needless to say she was very happy with the purchase. Since I had already had their Vitamin E cleanser, I didn't think it was necessary to get a face wash as well. 
Can I just say how glad I am that I got this facial wash, because I absolutely love this! You can read the review to find out exactly why.

Amount of Product: 250ml (8.4Oz)
Price: Rs. 2,200

Claims:


Our Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash, infused with Community Trade Tea Tree Oil, cleanses blemished skin. A refreshing lather removes impurities and excess oil, leaving skin feeling purified. Use daily for less shiny, mattified, visibly clearer results.
100% vegan

Enriched with Community Trade Tea Tree Oil from the foothills of Mount Kenya
Deeply cleanses blemished skin
Refreshing on skin
Suitable for blemished skin


Packaging:


The product comes in their classic dark green colour packaging they use for the tea tree range. The lid can be flipped open to squeeze some product on to the palm of your hand. Overall, it possesses a very sturdy packaging that will make sure it won't leak all over even if you travel with it. The ingredients are listed on a sticker on the bottle. It also carries a good amount of product, so you don't have to run to the store every two weeks to repurchase. 


Results:


What's immediately noticeable when opening the bottle is that fresh and sharp tea tree scent. In terms of the product itself, it carries a light green tinge and is of a moderate consistency- not too thick nor too runny. 
I used this product on the daily as recommended. First squeezing a small amount (size of a two rupee coin) on to my palm, I then diluted it with a little amount of water and applied on my face while gently massaging in circular motions. After rinsing with water, what I immediately noticed was how fresh my face felt. Perhaps it's that tea tree scent that elevates the whole experience. 

I have to admit I skipped on the toner on most days because in all honesty I didn't think I needed it as this product was very effective in removing all the dirt and impurities from my face. 


The best part is how well it took care of the oiliness on my face. Anyone with oily/ combination skin can attest to how annoying it is to come home at the end of the day, and touch the face only to realise how oily it has become. In my experience this product did a marvelous job in removing that excess oil without completely stripping off my skin. 100 points for this matter! 

You may be wondering why I am writing this review so soon in comparison to how long I've taken to write others. Well, the reason is that I noticed the difference in my skin when I didn't use this facial wash. I woke up with an extremely oily and *cover your eyes if needed* sticky face. So I have gotten into a habit of using this product as soon as I get home from work because I particularly liked having a clear face in the morning. 



All in all, I think the product 
met its claims of removing impurities and excess oil,  and leaving skin feeling purified. 

Would I Recommend It?:
Absolutely! If you have oily/ combination skin and you're looking for a product to tame that oiliness, then this is certainly the way to go. 



I have not experienced any skin irritation in using this product, and it works so well on my skin. However, do take care in using the tea tree products especially if you have sensitive skin. Everyone has different skin types and concerns. So when it comes to makeup/ skin care products always do a patch test, or test it out on your hands before applying on your face, and dilute/ reduce amount of the product (skin care) if necessary. 






Website Details:
The Body Shop LK Instagram

Let me know what you think of the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash by The Body Shop if you've tried it, in a comment down below.


Thank you for reading this post!
Much Love,

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest