Do You Really Need A Hair Scrub?

10:35 PM


The answer is a resounding YES! 

Here's why:



Over the course of my internship, I had to travel back and forth to Colombo. This was back when the flyover was being built so there was plenty of construction happening. This meant that I was welcomed into the city with gusts of wind that carried nothing but dirt and dust. The hot and humid weather didn't do me any favours either. At the end of the day all I looked forward to was a nice relaxing shower. 
Over time I realised that the shampoo I've been using which I absolutely love, The Ginger Shampoo by The Body Shop, wasn't enough to get rid of the debris on my hair. I noticed how often I was reaching out to the Fuji Green Tea Hair Scrub by The Body Shop.



Until this point, I had not fully comprehended the benefits of a hair scrub. I looked at my collection of hair products and noticed that I had a multitude of them. Shampoos for hair growth, conditioners for softer hair, for shinier hair, and for de-tangling. It was quite a hairy situation (excuse the pun). It then occurred to me why I was reaching out to a scrub more often: it alone did the job of 'x' number of shampoos and conditioners. Besides we exfoliate our face, arms, and legs with scrubs for thorough cleansing at least once a week, so why not extend the same treatment to hair and scalp too?
The main purpose of a scrub is therefore to stimulate circulation in the scalp, remove the gross build-up on the scalp and hair in order to promote hair growth. Once a week should do the trick!

Amount of Product.: 240ml
Price: Rs. 5,400

Claims:


For normal to oily hair and scalp
Gently massage to remove impurities and reduce build-up on hair
Hair feels clean and purified with a healthy-looking shine

Not tested on animals
100% Vegetarian
Formulated without silicones


Packaging:



The product is packaged in a black jar (not glass) with a screw-on lid. It is quite bulky, so it isn't exactly travel-friendly. The name of the product and instructions on how to use it are mentioned in the jar itself. 




Results:


How often do you get to say that your first impressions of something were spot on! It is definitely so in this case. As I mentioned in the previous post, this hair scrub has a refreshing but a sharp mint menthol scent. The product is granulated but not harsh. In order to use it you have to mix it with water to get that perfect lather. While it is recommended to use a teaspoon of scrub with water, I only use half a teaspoon for my mid-length hair. I find that this amount is ample enough to get a proper cleanse. 


The outcome of course is a squeaky clean scalp. It is efficient in removing the dirt, and build-up on the hair for a thorough and deep cleanse. I'm referring to the kind you would expect to get in a salon. 
As with any other shampoo, this too requires some proper conditioning afterwards. I usually follow up with the Fuji Green Tea Hydrating Conditioner. The combination of both gave me hair that was so easy to put to the daily grind of flat ironing and tuk-tuking around the city.


If you do not have a hair scrub already, you really ought to get one and the Fuji Green Tea Hair Scrub by The Body Shop is an amazing one to try. 
I suppose the only question that remains now is whether the scrub is worth the hefty price tag of Rs. 5,400. I would say it absolutely is. For one, you would not have to spend relentlessly on multiple hair products to get the same effect, and with the amount of product you get for the price, this sure will last an eternity.
So scrub away!

Shop This Post:
The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea Hair Scrub

Website:
The Body Shop Sri Lanka


Let me know what you think of investing in a hair scrub in a comment down below.

Thank you for reading this post!
Much Love,




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest