Review| ColourPop Super Shock Blush in Quarters

1:15 AM


When it comes to blush colours, I prefer subtlety. Because of this reason, I am definitely not one for hot pink or violet blushes, and prefer much more subdued hues. When I saw Quarters on the ColourPop website I immediately clicked 'add to bag' because it was exactly the kind of colour I liked. As I mentioned before on my Instagram story, for the longest time I was confused as to how to use this product because of its cream formula. My friend suggested that she uses a stippling brush which is the best tool for cream formulas. As for me, I prefer using my fingers to dab the colour on to my cheeks because it gives me better control of how much product goes on. When it came to this blush, everything fell into place when I found my preferred method of application.


Price: $8.00 (approx. Rs. 1,278)
NET WT: 4.2 g (0.15 Oz)

Shade Range: 14 shades

Claims:

Our famous Super Shock formula has a bouncy texture that delivers a healthy luminous glow that’s weightless, buildable, and super blendable.
This long-wearing crème powder cheek formula is the BFF of our famous Super Shock Shadows; it shares the same unique texture that is extremely buildable and blends smoothly to leave the cheeks looking healthy.


 Quarters is described as a 'Mid tone peachy coral'.


Packaging:
The product arrived in a white cardboard box with a cut-out on the front so that the shade was visible. It had the name of the brand and type of product, its net weight, and directions for caring for the product in terms of keeping the jar tightly shut listed on the packaging.


The white jar which contained the product was a larger version of their super shock shadow packaging. The screw on lid seals the jar shut completely.



The lid has a transparent portion to see the colour, and the name of the product, shade, and its net weight are listed on a sticker at the bottom. I understand that the super shock formula is unique hence requires the packaging, but I find that it is rather bulky especially to travel with.


Wear:



It doesn't have a distinct smell, at least not anymore, although I recall being thrown-off after having a whiff when I first got this. In terms of the colour, Quarters is indeed a peachy coral with the slightest gold sheen which when paired with a bronzer makes up for the ideal face makeup for Summer. It also compliments medium/ tan skin perfectly. 

In terms of pigmentation, this is wonderful in adding a hint of colour to the cheeks. Most importantly it can be built up to the desired level of colour as claimed. I say this as I see that some of you love the blushes by Juvia's place because of the level of pigmentation. I have not used any products by that brand, but I have seen a lot of swatches online and I don't think Quarters really compares to that level of pigmentation. So if you're looking for a product that is more buildable, this will be an excellent choice. 


Let's get to the formula-which is a creamy one. I apply it using my fingers as I mentioned before, and it applies smoothly, and blends incredibly well. No patchiness or streaks which I appreciate. It dries down to a satin finish which in pairing with its slight gold shimmers add a beautiful sheen to the face. Once it sets, it does not budge so you don't have to worry about the entire face being coated by the blush colour. It lasted around 5 hours on a humid day, and it faded evenly which is really nice. Re-application wasn't an issue with this one. 

Would I Recommend It?:



Absolutely, if you have medium/ tan skin it's the perfect peachy coral colour for this time around. 


Shop This Post:



What do you think about the ColourPop Super Shock Blush in Quarters? Let me know how your experience with it was in a comment down below.

Thank you so much for taking time to read this!
Much Love,



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest