Festive Makeup Look

1:10 AM

Hello everyone,
Merry Christmas to all of you! I hope you are enjoying your holidays. I thought it was quite essential that I share with you this Christmas time makeup look. As you know I'm not a professional makeup artist and I might not know all the 'right' techniques for applying makeup. I also happened to use the same brush to apply 3 or 4 different products... yikes!
Anyway I thought I'll share this with you.

Step 01: Always make sure that your face is moisturized before you apply your makeup. I use a moisturizing lotion by Olay. This is a product I've been using pretty much every day since I was about 15. You can use a primer to ensure that your makeup lasts longer but I currently don't use any, so I kind of skipped that step. 

Step 02: I feel as though the base is always the most important in any makeup look. You can always play around with the eyeshadow or lip colors or how much bronzer or highlighter you are going to apply, but the base stays relatively the same. I use my Street Wear Color Rich Perfection Foundation in Beige (it only comes in two colors). It has a light to medium coverage. I have to say that this isn't my favorite foundation as it oxidizes easily, so applying moisturizer beforehand does help in my case. For liquid foundation I like using a beauty blender or a sponge to apply because it looks a lot more natural than when using a brush. Next to set everything I use the Viana compact powder in No. 14- Harvest Beige and also a little bit of the CCUK compact powder in No. 9- Biscuit glow. Yes, I mix in two because I feel as though the Viana one can sometimes make me look a bit ghastly. 

Step 03: Moving on to the eyes, I first shaped my brows and combed through them. Before applying eyeshadow it is best to put on some primer, again to make sure that the eyeshadow lasts longer. I wanted to do a copper eye look because a) I love the color b) copper eyes really suit a bold lip c) I'm in love with my new Sleek palette. For this I used The Gold Standard palette by Sleek. I love me some Coco- the shade is utterly beautiful so I patted that on my lid. Next I used a little bit of Vivienne to highlight my brow bone and applied one of the cream shadows- Margiela on the inner corner of my eyes. Next I curled my lashes with my eyelash curler from Basic Care and applied the I love extreme volume mascara by Essence. That's it for the eyes!

Step 04: On to the cheeks I used a blush by Jordana in No. 39- Cinnamon Spice. I have been using this blush religiously since I bought it. Next I used the Mirrored Pink blush from my Dancing til Dusk palette as a highlight on my cheek bones.

Step 05: To me, it's not a Festive makeup look unless there's some red lipstick involved. So I first lined and filled in my lips with the Jordana Quickliner in No. 08- Ruby Stone. Next I used the Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss in the shade Secret to complete my look. This is a darker shade of red than a 'typical' Christmas look in my opinion, but I was too emotionally invested in the combination of the two to even think about changing the color.

Et Voilà, my finished makeup look.



I wanted to say a quick thank you to all of you who made this year a very memorable one. Thank you for your patience these last couple of weeks since I have not posted on my blog regularly as I had done before. Hope you enjoyed this post. Stay tuned for more.

Much love to you as always,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest