Review| The Essentials Travel Kit by NUXE

11:04 PM

Review| The Essentials Travel Kit by NUXE

I am one of those people who buy travel size products to test them out, before committing to their respective full-size versions. Based on the Instagram poll I ran, it seemed that most of you felt the same. When I saw this travel kit by NUXE I immediately had to purchase this, a) because it is a French brand and anything to make me feel more Parisienne I have to have, and b) because I wanted to try the dry oil because many YouTubers were talking about using dry oils in the holiday season. 

Review| The Essentials Travel Kit by NUXE

This kit includes:

Review| The Essentials Travel Kit by NUXE
Rêve de Miel Face Cleansing and Make-up Removing  Gel (15ml)
Crème Prodigieuse Anti-Fatigue Moisturing Cream (15ml)
Huile Prodigieuse Dry Oil (10ml)
Rêve de Miel Hand and Nail Cream (15ml)
Prodigieux Precious Scented Shower Oil (30ml)

Review| The Essentials Travel Kit by NUXE

Price:  
GBP 14.00 on  CultBeauty (Roughly around Rs. 2,945.00)

I will not be delving into the packaging of these products, as these are only travel sizes, and I didn't find any fundamental flaws with the packaging. Even the dry oil has a spray in the full-size version.

Rêve de Miel Face Cleansing and Makeup-Removing Gel 

Review| The Essentials Travel Kit by NUXE

Claims:

For dry and sensitive skin

This gentle, soap-free make-up remover and cleanser with Honey and Sunflower cleanses, soothes and removes make-up in one go - whilst being kind to your skin.
Delights the senses and cleanses skin.

My Experience: 

Review| The Essentials Travel Kit by NUXE
This honey coloured cleansing gel contains sunflower seed oil and honey, and has a floral fragrance.  In terms of consistency, it's viscous and you only need a small amount to gain a good lather. While I do not have dry skin, I really liked how gentle this cleanser was. I did not experience any irritation with this product. 
However in terms of the claim of being a makeup-removing, I found that it was lacking in that regard. I noticed how I wanted to use at least a wet-wipe after using this product because there was still residue. This would suit someone who uses very light makeup. While I got most of the makeup off on days I only used BB cream, this did not do a good job when I switched to my Revlon ColorStay Foundation. This is one product you don't want as an eye-makeup remover (it is stated even in the tube itself).

Crème Prodigieuse Anti-Fatigue Moisturising Cream

Review| The Essentials Travel Kit by NUXE

Claims:

For normal to combination skin

This moisturizing cream with precious Blue Everlasting Flower extract is concentrated in anti-oxidants. It moisturizes, helps to re-energize and protect skin from oxidative stress.

Hydrated and protected, skin looks radiant. A silky-smooth texture, non-greasy, with the legendary fragrance of Huile Prodigieuse.

My Experience: 

Review| The Essentials Travel Kit by NUXE

As someone with combination skin, I'm used to lightweight moisturisers which absorb within minutes. This one however, is a slightly thicker pale yellow cream with that classic NUXE 'Huile Prodigieuse' scent which admittedly is a tad too overpowering for a moisturiser. It absorbs well which I appreciate, and it doesn't feel greasy on the skin-major plus point! The aftereffects of applying this is very strange as it leaves my skin seeming rather matte. My skin feels hydrated and soft to touch, but it appears matti-fied. 
If you have sensitive/ acne prone skin this would not be the best purchase as this is scented, and is thicker in consistency. 

Huile Prodigieuse Dry Oil 

Review| The Essentials Travel Kit by NUXE

Claims:

Huile Prodigieuse®, the iconic dry oil No. 1* in the Oils category in French pharmacies, nourishes, repairs and beautifies the face, body and hair. In 2017, it has been enriched with highly nourishing Tsubaki oil. Now even more innovative, it is anti-oxidant, has a "shield" effect against pollution** and helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Its addictive scent and unique silicone-free dry oil texture promise a truly Prodigious experience.

Contains 98.1% natural origin ingredients, including 7 precious botanical oils: highly nourishing and anti-aging Tsubaki oil, softening sweet Almond oil, moisturizing Camellia oil, anti-wrinkle Borage oil, soothing Hazelnut oil, nourishing Macadamia oil and repairing Argan oil. 

My Experience: 

Review| The Essentials Travel Kit by NUXE

This is one product that needs no introduction and judging from the multiple blog posts I've included this in, I feel as though I don't really have to repeat myself in saying how wonderful this is. Starting with the scent, it is absolutely mesmerizing, with floral notes of Gardenia. I managed to find that they have released a perfume with this fragrance which is all I need in my life right now. 
Back to the oil itself, it is multi-purpose, and I have used it on my body and hair to moisturise and add shine respectively. It doesn't make me feel like I'm drenched in oil, because it is fast-absorbing. It leaves my skin with a glow that is a marker of healthy skin. While I do not want to sound like a TV advert, I can definitely say that this oil nourishes and softens my skin.

Rêve de Miel Hand and Nail Cream 

Review| The Essentials Travel Kit by NUXE

Claims:

Silky and non-greasy, this hand cream with Honey, Sunflower, Precious oils and Vitamin E nourishes and helps to repair dry  hands. . It also protects hands from skin premature ageing.

Contributes to softens hands and strengthens nails, day after day.
This hand cream is tested in extremely cold conditions so your skin remains soothed!

My Experience: 

Review| The Essentials Travel Kit by NUXE

Another product formulated with the classic NUXE scent is the hand and nail cream, which has a consistency in between being too light and drippy, and too thick and difficult to spread. In other words, the best consistency for a hand cream. It is however more lightweight than my favourite Spa Ceylon Hand Cream. This absorbs really well, and doesn't leave any sticky/ greasy residue which is amazing. We've all had those moments of dropping pens, and *cringe* forks and spoons whilst dining *cringe* *cringe* after applying greasy hand cream. This is a good hand cream to keep around in the handbag, for reapplication as the moisture is not locked in all day long.
In terms of the claims that it strengthens nails, I can't quite tell if this meets that since I've always had strong nails. What I can attest to is how smooth my hands feel after application.

Prodigieux Precious Scented Shower Oil

Review| The Essentials Travel Kit by NUXE

Claims:

All Skin Types

Cleanses, leaves a satin finish with delicate fragnance- with golden shimmer. 

Legendary fragrance of Huile Prodigieuse®
With Cleansing base free of sulfate-containing surfactants
Formula free of sulfate-containing surfactants
Paraben-free

My Experience: 

Review| The Essentials Travel Kit by NUXE

This is one product that makes good use out of the NUXE scent which is why I think this is titled 'precious-scented'.  This shower not-oil-but-gel has an iridescent consistency with gold shimmers that adds to a luxurious bath experience. It feels indulgent, and we all need a little TLC every now and then. As I said earlier, if you were expecting an oil this is far from it. It actually has a gel consistency, from which you only need a tiny amount for an effective cleanse. This does leave my skin with a satin finish, and provides a good base to add a layer of the dry oil.
And, no the shimmers do not stay on the body post-shower. 

Would I recommend these products?
If you're sensitive to scented products, especially skin-care products you might need to rethink buying some of these. I've already said that I was eagerly waiting to repurchase the dry oil once I run out of this. It is one product I would recommend to anyone. Other than that the two products that I am interested in and would recommend you try is their shower oil (gel), and their hand and nail cream. 


If you've tried any of these products, leave a comment down below and let us know your experience.

Thank you so much for reading this lengthy review. Hope you enjoyed it!
Much Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest