Mandy Loves| 5 Lipsticks I reach out for the most

10:47 PM


If there's one thing I love more than food, it is definitely lipsticks. While I always find excuses to expand my lipstick collection, and try out newer brands and shades, there are also a couple of lipsticks that are go-to ones. When in doubt, I'd happily go for any of the following to complete my look. Some are new favourites, some are old. So here are the 5 lipsticks that I reach out to the most.



1995 by Gerard Cosmetics
I'm sure you've heard enough about me rambling on about how great this lipstick is but it really ticks all the boxes for me in terms of its colour, pigmentation, lasting power and the fact that it is MATTE! It's amazing how no matter which new buy I'm excited about, I still feel the same excitement about this lippie. Besides it is cruelty-free! 


Kiss of Life by Rimmel London
This is one of the first lipsticks I yearned for having seen multiple bloggers wearing it. I remember this being on my to-buy list when I first got my credit-card. So, I guess you could say it has a kind of a sentimental value attached to it. I love the colour which is a true red-not too cool toned nor is it completely warm-toned. It's just right! I've always loved Rimmel as a brand, their products are of great quality for a lesser price tag. Unfortunately, I've recently learned that they do test on animals 'when required by law'. 


Seductive Sienna by Revlon
While it is branded as a matte, I find that on the lips this lipstick leaves a slight sheen. Nevertheless, it has become a steady go-to whenever I feel like going for a deep berry-brown colour. It is very opaque and creamy that makes it so much easier to apply. Revlon products are easy to get hold of here in Sri Lanka, however it is another brand that tests on animals. 


Candid by Makeup Geek
Can you believe it is only recently that I got hold of Makeup Geek products although I've been blogging for nearly 3 years now? I've noticed that whenever I'm done with my day time makeup my hand immediately reaches out for this lipstick. That is how I know it is a favourite. It is a pink-nude lipstick on my lips, certainly more mauve than it appears on the cap (on the packaging). Also, MakeupGeek is cruelty-free! 


Love Bug by ColourPop
The list of my go-to lipsticks would not be complete without a deep and dark shade. So I've added Love Bug which is a colour that I take comfort in especially since the Autumnal months (not in SL, obviously) are drawing closer. I feel like I really become alive this time of year. Jokes aside, I really enjoy how pigmented and long lasting the ultra matte lips by ColourPop are. I'm 100% sure that this rich mahogany shade will be repurchased over and over again. How great is it that ColourPop is cruelty-free too?!



Let me know what your go-to lipsticks are in a comment down below. Also, if you know of a dupe for Seductive Sienna by Revlon, please let me know in a comment down below, or by a quick tweet to @sakuniamanda

Shop This Post:



Thank you so much for reading,
Much Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest