Review: L. A. Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss in Rebel and Secret

6:29 PM



Hello everyone,

Hope you are all doing well. I usually post my reviews on Monday but I haven't posted a review on my blog for so long and I just thought why not do it today. So I'll share with you my review of two of the L. A. Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Glosses in the shades Rebel and Secret. It seemed like every girl found liquid lipsticks to be a beauty staple last year. I feel like the last person to join in on the trend because I was so reluctant to try them out. That is partly because of the hefty price tag attached to most of them. So when drugstore brands started releasing their versions I was ready to dive head first into the new 'cool'.


I was hoping to try out the NYX soft matte lip creams but unfortunately I couldn't get hold of them. So instead I picked out two from the brand LA Girl which were available on the website www.IKatehouse.com. ( http://mandy-s-heart.blogspot.com/2015/10/review-ikatehousecom-for-drugstore.html )  As I mentioned on my previous blog post, I had never tried anything from LA Girl before these. The lippies were $3.99 each on the website (as opposed to the $5.00 retail value). Despite the fact that the name suggests it is a pigment gloss these actually have a matte formula and are the furthest from being glossy. So if you were hesitant to pick one up, you don't have a reason to hold yourself back anymore.



Packaging:
The liquid lipstick comes in a tube which is clear with a black lid which is sturdy and fits properly. Something that many bloggers have pointed out is that while the tube is bigger than most others, for example the NYX lip creams, they both contain the same amount of product. The applicators in these are flat and therefore things did get somewhat messy when I initially tried it, being a newbie and all.  I did get the hang of it after some time but I still prefer lining my lips with a pencil and then filling in with this product.







Wear:
The shades I picked up were Rebel which is a beautiful purple-plum shade. I thought this lip color would perfectly suit a well bronzed face. The other shade is Secret which happens to be my favorite of the two for obvious reasons. It is a deep and I mean deep red. It is unlike any other red lipstick that I own and I wore this for my Christmas makeup look. The lipsticks are highly pigmented and very opaque on the lips. I didn't have to go over and over with the product. They are also true to color so basically what you see is what you get.






The first thing I noticed about these is the smell which is reminds me of paint but on the lips it isn't highly recognizable. They also dry within seconds so I feel as though the application process has to be completed with the snap of my fingers. I figure that is how it should be in order to make sure the product doesn't move around. The texture of the lipstick is very smooth and glides on really well on the lips. It feels somewhat leathery on the lips after drying, like your fingers after you've got out of a cold shower, if that makes any sense.  Another feature I noticed was the stickiness. On first application it felt really tacky but it doesn't stay that way for long. 
Tip: Moisturize before you apply these!


Wearing Secret
I love the fact that these matte lipsticks surpass all other matte lipsticks I own in their lasting power. These lasted about 6 hours which is how long I tested them for. It does not transfer which is great because then I don't have to clean the lipstick stains on cups and napkins. After I had lunch which included some fried food it started to wear off. Re-application was easier than I expected too. To remove this lipstick, you would need an oil based makeup remover or you can use a little bit of olive oil as I did. 

Wearing Rebel

Should you get it?:

If you want to try out liquid lipsticks and you are not a fan of touch-ups, then definitely yes. These have the longest staying power so you don't need to redo the lipstick every five minutes to make sure it stays put. If you cannot stand stickiness and feel uncomfortable with a matte formula, this one may not be for you. There are 16 shades to pick from and I've definitely got my eye on Dreamy and Bazaar.


Let me know your thoughts on the L. A. Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Glosses if you've tried them in a comment down below. 

Send me your suggestions:
Twitter: @sakuniamanda 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MandySHeartBlog

Links:

Much love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest