Review| Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipstick in No. 3 (Ultimate Beige)

9:08 PM



Have you guys ever had something you've coveted for years and years? Call me materialistic, but one of my makeup goals for a good 3-4 years has been to own a YSL lipstick. I remember how often I would comment on other Instagram bloggers who owned one of these, hoping that someday my savings would permit me to buy one.
 I feel compelled to tell you the back story, although this is a review of the lipstick. So on one beautiful, sunny day in last December, me and my friends went out  hotel hopping to look at all the beautiful Christmas decor. We headed to Crescat first though, and while we were casually strolling, we came across the Exclusive Lines store there. Me, being myself wanted to have a peek at what's there. That's right, just a peek, or so I thought. I distinctly remember my friend saying 'let's test how much self-control Saku has'. Turns out I have NONE. When the lady there swatched this lipstick, I muttered an 'uh-oh' because I knew exactly where this was heading. Saku was going to buy the lipstick even though it was a whopping 7k. I've since re-framed it as a Christmas gift to myself. Anyway this lipstick has been proudly sitting front and centre on my vanity and it just reminds me that dreams do come true. Jokes aside, it is one of my favourite purchases thus far.

Price: Rs. 7,900

Claims:



This award-winning lipstick saturates lips in captivating color that’s intensely pigmented, and imparts an irresistible glossy shine.

The long-lasting, comforting formula is highlighted with a unique Color-shine Complex that leaves lips visibly smoother, plumper and more radiant.

Packaging:






Needless to say the packaging is A+. An amalgam of luxury, intricacy, romance, this lipstick would make you fall in love (with it) at first sight. Encased in gold, the lipstick shade can be seen in a band beneath the logo detailing. No other lipstick packaging comes close to this. The lipstick itself is slanted, not the regular tear drop shape. This is nothing to fuss over but certainly worth mentioning.



Wear:



The moment I open the cap, there is a distinct tangy-fruity scent. I quite like it, but for those of you who are not into scented makeup, this could be a potential con. The colour, ultimate beige, is actually more of a rose-mauve on my skin tone. It has good pigmentation, just enough to give it that sheer-glossy finish. When I first tried it, I thought the pigment was somewhat lacking, as I have pigmented lips anyway. Ever since, I've used this for day wear and more natural makeup looks. So for me it is the right fit. It does set after a couple of minutes and the glossy nature disappears, yet there remains a distinct shine.


This formula is everything! It is very comfortable and really aids in smooth application. I mean the lipstick just glides perfectly. I cannot attest to whether it makes the lips appear plumper in comparison to other 'plumping' lipsticks on the market. However the shine brings attention to the lips making them appear more luscious.


The flip-side is obviously in the lasting power of this lipstick. It transfers a lot and the colour is light so I didn't expect it to last all that well anyway. It lasted about 3 hours until breakfast, after which I noticed that it needed re-application right away. The same story after lunch. So I would not recommend this for major foodies because you'll have to keep re-applying. Re-application is not an issue because that formula is so creamy, just saying.

Would I recommend it?:
If luxury is your forte or if you like to dip your toes into luxury makeup, sure, this is a great shade. I'd recommend this for lipstick collectors, since it will be a good addition to your collection purely because of that packaging. 

Uploading this pic even with the wonky brow.
Shop This Post:

Let me know what you think of the YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in No. 3 (Ultimate Beige). If you've tried it, feel free to leave a comment down below.

Thank you so much for reading,
Much Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest