Review | Lord & Berry Vogue Lipstick in Smarten Nude

6:57 PM



"You can never have too many lipsticks"

This statement is very true in my case as I have been hoarding lipsticks for the past couple of years. It's funny, because looking back my makeup look was basically kohl lined eyes and nude lip gloss. Now I happen to wear a different colored lip every single day. I obviously have my favorites I reach out to the most, like the Gerard Cosmetics 1995. Lately however, I've 're-discovered' one of my favourite everyday shades, the Vogue Lipstick by Lord & Berry in the shade Smarten Nude.

The Vogue lipsticks are available in 12 different shades.

Price: $ 25
 15 GBP on CultBeauty


Claims:
Extraordinary matte formulation, velvet feeling and extreme comfort in application with a modern and glamour finish effect. 
Lips will appear quickly full and defined. 
Comfortable treatment lipstick with emollient.

Furthermore the lipstick is not tested on animals, is paraben and fragrance free. 


Packaging:



The lipstick comes in a white box bearing the name of the brand and the word 'Lips' inscribed on it. The tube itself is black, sleek and modern, and feels heavy on the hand, which immediately signals to be of great quality. The tube bears the name of the brand and the name of the shade at the bottom. The lip bullet itself has a curve which I find to be helpful in reaching the innermost corners without getting lipstick all over the place. However, the curve disappears depending on how you use your lipstick.





Wear:



As claimed above the product is fragrance free. The color itself is a gorgeous warm nude-terra cotta colour with hints of brown, perfect for everyday wear. The product has good pigmentation, but also can be built up since it is a light colour. I like the formula of this lipstick which happens to contain a very unique ingredient, Signaline, which promotes skin regeneration. So according to the claims it is a treatment for the lips. It applies with ease, and goes on really smoothly. It doesn't emphasize the lines on my lips which is really great.


It stays put on my lips for 7 hours in general before I need a touch-up. Applied in the morning, it lasted surprisingly well over a breakfast of rice and curry, and only a little wear was visible in the inner corners after lunch. Reapplication has never been an issue with this one.

The finish of this lipstick is a semi-matte, which means it doesn't look completely matte but isn't shiny either. It can be a little drying. Although it feels velvety initially, it ends up feeling drier with time. Not a problem for an everyday matte-lip wearer like myself, but noteworthy nevertheless.


Would I recommend it?:

Eye makeup: ColourPop's Note To Self on the crease, Criss-cross on the lids and a combination of Criss-Cross and Stila Feisty on the lower lashline.
If you can look past the drying for a semi-matte lipstick, I would definitely suggest trying this out. The lipstick is of really good quality for the price (it is cheaper on CultBeauty), long-lasting for a bullet lipstick, and it perfectly compliments tan skin tones. 

Have you tried the Vogue Lipstick in the shade Smarten Nude by Lord & Berry? Let me know what your experience was in a comment down below.

Shop this Post:


Thank you for reading,
Much love,




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest