September Favorites

11:40 PM




It's that time of the year when you realize how quickly time passes you by. I can't believe September has come to an end and we've got only 2 more months 'til Christmas. I feel like a five year old counting days, but then again who can possibly not be excited by the thought of Christmas. This is my favorite time of the year. The weather is slightly more chilly, although this year the rain has been more of a drizzle, than a proper downpour. It's also that time for long hot baths, steaming mugs of coffee and good books to read while listening to some old vinyl. 



Speaking of long hot baths, I have been loving the Olive Cream Body scrub by The Body Shop. I've mentioned their Satsuma Body Polish in my mid-year favorites which is more of an everyday scrub. This however is a more heavy duty, deep cleansing one. I do not use this everyday (nor do I recommend for daily use) but twice or thrice per week, I love pampering myself with a generous dollop of this scrub. The smell is subtle and earthy, obviously it smells of olives which makes me feel like I'm in a yard of olive trees in Italy. The scrub is quite thick and creamy in comparison to the body polish and has granules of ground olives for exfoliation. It leaves my skin feeling extra clean and smooth. All I can say is that "Olive this scrub". If you didn't already know, I live for puns. This is priced at Rs. 3150.

Last month I posted my Cult Beauty Haul which included a couple of items from Lord & Berry and there are two products that I instantly knew I was going to love. The first is the Magic Brow which I got in the shade Brunette. My brows have finally received proper treatment and I feel like I can finally use the hashtag #BrowsonFleek thanks to this product. It makes use of three colors to create a perfect natural shade that compliments my natural hair color.



The brunette pencil has a combination of black, chocolate brown and dirty blonde. The pencil is more towards the creamy side which makes it very easy to use. It has a fairly good lasting power as well. On one end is the product and on the other there is a spoolie which makes it the perfect travel companion. I got this for the price of 8.33 GBP. 



I take my lipsticks very seriously, so it is quite a big deal for me to say that this lipstick is up there on the list of my favorites among the Gerard Cosmetics 1995 and Rimmel The Only One Lipstick in One-of-a-kind. It is the Vogue Lipstick in the shade Smarten Nude. It is a semi-matte lipstick which is comfortable albeit a little drying on the lips. I don't mind that personally because it wears well throughout the day. In terms of color, it is a terracotta/ nude-brown shade that is perfect for autumn and for my skin tone, it works all year round. I had to dig it up from my handbag because it's practically been living there for the past month. This was 10.83 GBP (discounted price). 


When it comes to makeup, I clearly have no problem emptying my wallet, which is exactly what happened with my next favorite. A couple of weeks after I published my haul post, I received my Becca Cosmetics order which I excitedly showed off on my Instagram (Side note: I am obsessed with Instagram Stories). I desperately wanted to try something from Becca, and decided I should go for the Opal Glow on the Go Collection which allowed me to try both their pressed and liquid shimmering skin perfectors. The entire collection was priced at 20 GBP.

Out of both, I am infatuated with the liquid shimmering skin perfector because it gives me the most natural looking finish that makes for a dewy skin look. Only the tiniest amount of product is necessary to get the glow you need in your life. The shade Opal is a golden pearl with hints of champagne and is flattering on my tan skin tone. Let me tell you that finding the right shade of highlighter, is just as important as finding the right shade of foundation. I say this because some highlighters make it seem like I'm wearing a frosty white streak on my face. Basically when it comes to this highlighter my feelings are as intense as its pigmentation!



As most of you may know, I am currently writing fashion/ beauty articles for the YOUth magazine by Sunday Island. So needless to say one of my favorite ways to spend my leisure the past month, was writing those articles and exerting my best effort to create informative and enjoyable content. In my second article I wrote about the latest trend that has been sweeping up on social media-the off shoulder trend. I particularly have been loving this off shoulder top in light blue with white stripes that I purchased from Odel. The sleeves can be rolled up and buttoned which adds to the details on the top. I've love pairing this with high-waisted jeans and sandals for a casual and laid back look.


Despite being nearly 22, I'll admit to loving young-adult novels, particularly those by John Green. Ever since I read The Fault in Our Stars I've been fanatically reading his books. Maybe it's because he grasps the complexities of young-adults so well or because he portrays the characters in the most unique, quirky and slightly eccentric ways that they no longer feel fictional. 
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” This quote by him perfectly sums up how I feel about his books. 


Will Grayson Will Grayson is one of my favorite books that I've read this month. At the heart of it, the book is about friendship. It's about recognizing and admitting the love that's reserved in friendships. It's time we all started appreciating our friends, the ones who stayed with us despite all the turbulence and ups and downs in life. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest