Where Have I Been? | Life Update + Tea

10:25 PM

Image from Pexels: @freestocks
Hello everyone! 
How have you been?

I know it's been a while since I posted here on my blog. To be clear, I've missed two makeup reviews I planned on posting, apart from the usual lifestyle posts I do on week days. As I'm writing this there are 22 drafts sitting on my folder which I haven't touched, and photos on my SD card which remains unedited. 

I know what you're thinking.
 'Where in the world have you been?'
Well I've kind of been in hiding from the blogosphere. Allow me to explain.

The first and foremost reason why I haven't been active on my blog or social media would be because I am feeling uninspired, period. The beauty community has moved on to 'spilling of tea', and being 'shady' as opposed to sharing what each one of us are truly passionate about. Whether it be our favourite brand, the lipstick we wear all the time, or that one body wash we want everyone else to try out because it's just THAT good. Simply stated, I wanted to stay away from the drama, and distance myself from the community. At one point, I was contemplating turning my Instagram into a lifestyle/ mental health-only profile. I figured that then I would be a part of a community that serves to uplift people and make a positive impact. Anyway, I wanted to take a break, a) for a reality check, and b) to get inspired by daily life. Thanks to the degrees I've earned, the need to reflect and review is drilled into my brain.

The second reason is being overloaded with work. The past few days have encompassed early mornings and late nights (not partying, FYI). I am a meticulous list-maker, and organised person (when it comes to my agenda and not my room). So my immediate response to being overwhelmed and life not going according to plan is to run and hide. No, I do not know where I learned that from and yes, I know it sounds very dramatic. The past few weeks have brought on many changes. I will share these with you soon and hopefully you'll be able to understand (and empathise) better. 

So to answer the question, I've been holed up in my room, reading the books I bought from the big bad wolf sale, with a cup of tea. You know, just in my own bubble.

It's not going to be forever, but I'll be taking some time off until I am in a place when I can finally write to all of you with all my heart. I don't want to do anything in a mediocre and below-par manner. I hope you all are healthy and happy, and had a great past few weeks.

I'll write to you soon,

Much Love,



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest