Review| Gerard Cosmetics Lipstick in French Toast

6:30 PM


As you already know, the 1995 lipstick by Gerard Cosmetics is one of my favourite lipsticks ever. So I wanted to try out other colours by the brand and bought my friend, Kiss & Tell, a vibrant pink lipstick, and French Toast for myself. It can be a struggle to find lip colours for everyday wear for tan/ deep skin tones because most of the 'nude' shades are way too light. This one although not a 'nude', looks just right for everyday wear. 

Price: $19 (Roughly around Rs. 2,960)
NET WT. : 4 g (0.14 Oz) 

Available in 27 shades with varying finishes from matte to satin to cream


Claims: 


Texture: Cream

"Decadent, warm with a rich delicious undertone. This neutral hue will flatter all skin tones. We packed this lipstick with pigment for a smooth and buttery application that will remind you of our favorite breakfast food!"

Cruelty Free
Made in USA

Packaging:




The lipstick comes in a box with the logo of the brand in gold, and the shade is clearly stated at the bottom. 

The ingredients are listed in the box itself. It bears a reminder that the product is cruelty-free and that it is made in the U.S.A. 

Hardly any flaws with the glistening, gold bullet packaging of the product. It looks luxurious sitting on top of my dresser.  



A change in the packaging, in terms of an addition of a protective layer inside around the cap is noticeable, as it was not present in 1995. This is great since it secures the packaging from the colour of the packaging fading over time due to frequent use.
Notice the colour fading around my 1995 lip bullet
Wear:



Although the brand has described the colour rather vaguely, I would say French Toast is a warm and earthy brown, with hints of terracotta seeping in. This is like a sister shade to 1995 which has more pink whereas French Toast has more brown. This is one of those universal colours that would flatter all skin tones. It has that one-swipe pigmentation.



The cream formula allows for the smooth and buttery application as claimed. It feels very lightweight on the lips. Once it sets it retains a beautiful sheen. While I am not one for crème/ satin finish lipsticks, I absolutely love this, since the formula makes it so comfortable to wear.



The flipside is how much this transfers, it was on my coffee mug, paper towel, etc. I wore this in the morning, and I could see fading after a snack of apples and a glass of ginger beer. By lunch time, there was visible fading particularly on the inside of the lips. In general, it lasted around 3 hours with no significant fading. I also noticed how it tended to settle into the fine lines of my lips over time. However, I didn't have any trouble reapplying this lippie.

Would I recommend it?:


Yes, this is great for those of you who are looking for a warm brown lipstick. For my fellow tan skinned beauties who are looking for a non-matte, comfortable lipstick with a shade perfect for everyday wear, this is the one for you.

Shop This Post:

Let me know what you think of the Gerard Cosmetics Lipstick in French Toast. If you've tried it, feel free to leave a comment down below.

Thank you so much for reading,
Much Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest