Spring/Summer Nails

7:52 PM

Hello everyone,
This post is going to be about nail polish shades for Spring/Summer 2015 (if you haven't already guessed by the title) because you know I'm all about those nails, about those nails...haha. If you haven't already picked out a couple of shades to wear this season, hopefully this post will help you.



1. Sheer White/Nude shades
I picked up the nail polish no. 145-Soft Pink by Jordana for Rs. 460.
(Link: http://www.jordanacosmetics.com/p-107-french-manicure-nail-polish.aspx )
 
 





As seen on Erin Fetherston













2. Reds and corals
I love the 50s and it was a decade of red lips and red nails which are making a comeback now, as seen on the runways at both Zac Posen and Caroline Herrera shows. At the Jenny Packham show the classic red was mixed with  orange tones to create a gorgeous look which I reckon looks good on anyone. I like to keep it simple with red/orange shades because i want the color to speak for itself. So I picked out the shade no. 35 by Farmasi for Rs. 350. One thing I like about Farmasi is that they have endless shades to pick from which is great because most other brands here are so limited in the range of colors they offer.
(Link:  http://farmasi.com.tr/en/scategory/24/nail-enamel/ )




















Although it's not a red or coral I've also been wearing a bold pink shade in no. 97 by Viana for Rs. 295 a lot recently. (The colors on the website are quite misleading but here's the link: http://viana.lk/products/colour-cosmetics/viana-nail-polish/# )

3. Pastels
I love pastel nail polishes and if there's ever a time to stock up on them, this is it. When choosing pastels, I don't just pick the pinks no matter how tempting. I like to go for the blue, mint and lilac shades. So when you pick them, go for shades you wouldn't usually wear. Besides think about all the different nail art you can try, just check pinterest if you are still unsure. Tip: Search for watercolor nails as seen on the Rebecca Minkoff show at New York Fashion week.  Anyway the shades I picked out are no. 88 (mint) and no. 83 (lavender) by Viana for Rs. 295 each. (The photo of the mint nails is somewhat old so forgive me for the quality)





















4. Metallics
If you don't want to go out in a metallic skirt, this is a great way incorporate metallics into your style to stay on trend this season. Go for blues, bronze or sage shades instead of gold or silver. Try a french manicure with a metallic tip or metallic nail art with negative space as seen at the Zimmermann fashion show.




















What are your favorite nail polish shades for Spring/Summer 2015? Let me know in a comment below.

Much love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest