Review | ColourPop X KathleenLights Dream St Palette

4:32 AM



Not going to blabber too much pre-review this time, because this is a long one which took forever to upload. You already know that Kathleen Lights is one of my favourite YouTubers so the reasons for this purchase are quite clear. 

Price: $16.00 (approx. Rs. 2,544)
NET WT: 12 X 0.85 g (0.03 Oz)

Claims:



Super versatile warm toned nudes with rich pops of colour can take your look from heavenly to out of this world in only a few swipes. Mattes, metallics, satins - every shadow is buttery soft and so easy to blend.

Pressed Powder Shadow: Highly pigmented shadow that applies evenly and feels ultra-velvety and silky. This long wearing formula contains a unique combination of softer powders which adheres easily to the eyes, gives a soft focus effect, and blends smoothly and evenly.


Packaging: 




The product arrived in a box with a rose gold marble effect against a white background, and with stars and crescent moon shape designs in it. The front of the palette bears the name, Dream St., and that it is a collab between Kathleen and ColourPop. It includes the net weight of each of the shadows.

The back of the box contained the names of each of the shades, along with the bunny logo suggesting the product is cruelty-free (same as the other ColourPop products). 

The palette itself is also designed with the same rose-gold marble effect with stars and a single crescent moon design. The names of the shades are listed on the back. The palette does not have a mirror, and instead has the name and the collab written on the inside. I don't really mind that. It has a magnetic closure. 




There are twelve shades inside, all in pans the size of a five rupee coin. They are smaller than the individual pressed powder shadows by ColourPop. 


Overall I don't have anything negative to say about the packaging whatsoever. 

Wear:

*For the purpose of this review, I'll rate the shadows out of five so you'll know which ones are my personal favourites to use.

The first row contains four warm toned shades that are very wearable, and which I would definitely include in a palette if I were making one. 

L-R: Shooting Star, Magical, Star Dust, Twinkle

The first is Shooting Star which is claimed to be a matte, soft golden brown. Personally I would describe this shade as a beige-brown. This matte shade works well as a base colour for the lids. If you have a comparatively fairer skin tone- similar to Kathleen's, I would imagine this will make a beautiful crease colour. It has good, buildable pigmentation, and is easy to blend. I did not experience any fallout with this shade. (5/5)

Next is Magical which is claimed to be a matte, yellow peach, which I agree with. This makes for a beautiful crease and transsition colour. This too has good pigmentation, and is easy to blend. There was no fallout with this shade. (5/5)

Top to Bottom: Shooting Star, Magical, Star Dust, Twinkle

Next in row is Star Dust which is claimed to be a metallic, true copper which is accurate. It has good pigmentation which can be elevated with a little spritz of either Fix Plus, or facial spray (which is what I do) for the perfect all-over lid colour. On first touch, it's a bit more dry in comparison to the other shadows but it blends with relative ease and there isn't noticeable fall out with the shade which is great as it is a metallic one. (4/5)

The final shadow in the first row is Twinkle which is claimed to be a metallic, true rose gold which is true. This shade is very similar to Weenie (Super Shock Shadow) which I recall to be among Kathleen's favourites. So I understand where she was coming from in creating this shade, which is a tiny bit lighter and has more champagne notes in colour in comparison to Weenie. The formula in this one is among one of the best in this palette. It is very buttery, has one swipe pigmentation. It blends easily and there isn't noticeable fall out with the shade. (5/5)

Top to Bottom: Shooting Star, Magical, Star Dust, Twinkle

On the second row, the shades are turning a lot more bold.

L-R: Sweet Dreams, Water Bearer, Potion, Spark
 The first is Sweet Dreams which is claimed to be a metallic soft champagne with a peachy pink flip which is exactly right. This shadow is dry and not packed well. It is messy to use, and there's a generous amount of fall out. To get the pigmentation I want, I usually pick up the product with my finger tips and dab on my skin (to get the flakes off and avoid lots of fall out) before applying on my lids. Sadly, it's just too much work for me so I haven't had much use for this shade. (1/5)

Next is Water Bearer which is claimed to be a matte, cool teal. It is indeed a dark teal colour with cool undertones, for which a very appropriate name has been given. I was really surprised, in the best way, with the pigmentation of this shade. Not too much effort is required to pack the colour on to the lid, and blend. The fall out is a con, but it can be looked past for sure. (5/5)

Top to Bottom: Sweet Dreams, Water Bearer, Potion, Spark

Next up is Potion which is claimed to be a matte, vivid reddish rust. It is weird to say it resembles rust, so I will say it is a beautiful deep terra-cotta shade. It has good pigmentation for a matte shade. It is blendable and does not have any fallout which is great. This makes up for a good crease colour as well. (4/5)

The final shadow in the second row is Spark which is oddly claimed to be a matte, neon red. I would personally describe is more as a neon pink. There's no denying that the shade is pigmented, but it is difficult to maintain that same intensity when blending. I find that the colour just turns bleak when blending on the crease. There isn't noticeable fall out with the shade. (2/5)

Top to Bottom: Sweet Dreams, Water Bearer, Potion, Spark


The final row includes a lot of cool tones.

L-R: Kaleidoscope, Elfish, Moony, Mermaid Boy
 The first shade is Kaleidoscope which is claimed to be a metallic intense silvery nude.  I would say it is a silver with mint-blue undertones. This shadow is buttery as well, but there is a lot of fall out. It does have excellent pigmentation though, and is very blendable. I love this shadow mostly because it is unique and I haven't seen anything like it in any other palette (online or owned by me). (5/5)
Next up is Elfish which is claimed to be a matte, rich red brown which is mostly accurate. This shade also reminds me of Mittens (Super Shock), and in one of her videos, Kathleen uses this as a base for Elfish. You already know that Mittens is one of my favourites, so I'm kind of disappointed in Elfish if I'm 100% honest. It has good pigmentation, but it doesn't blend as smoothly as I wish. I don't know if it's just inconsistency in production, because I found more people who loved the eye shadow than those who did not. (2/5)

Top to Bottom: Kaleidoscope, Elfish, Moony, Mermaid Boy

Next in the row is Moony which is claimed to be a satin, soft baby pink which I agree with completely. The formula on this one is excellent, and it has pigmentation to match. I love this shade to highlight the brow bone. The one thing I said when I first used this palette was that if I made a palette, Moony is the exact shade I would include for a brown bone highlight. It is very easy to blend and does not have any fallout. (5/5)

The final shadow in the last row is Mermaid Boy which is claimed to be a metallic, deep teal which is accurate. It is the metallic version of Water Bearer. The colour brings back memories from my teens. I had asked my dad to buy me some makeup, and he bought me a glittery teal eyeliner which I wore everywhere. I don't know why he thought that was a good idea. Anyway, this shade too is buttery and has incredible pigmentation. It's so easy to pack this shade on to the lid. There is a little bit of fall-out which can be cleaned up without a hassle. (5/5)

Top to Bottom: Kaleidoscope, Elfish, Moony, Mermaid Boy


All shadows lasted for 6-7 hours on my eyes (no primer) with the exception of Moony which started fading by the 5-hour mark. 

Shooting Star and Magical as transition colours, Spark on the crease, and Elfish on the lid and a mix of both as under-eye liner, Moony on the inner corner and brow bone as highlight.

Shooting Star and Magical mixed as transition colours, Elfish as a crease colour, Water Bearer on the Lids, a mix of Water Bearer and Elfish on the under-eye liner, and Kaleidoscope as an inner corner highlight.

Shooting Star and Magical mixed as transition colours, Elfish as a crease colour, Water Bearer and Mermaid Boy on the Lids, a mix of Water Bearer and Elfish on the under-eye liner, and Kaleidoscope as an inner corner highlight.
Would I Recommend It:

This palette has both hits and misses. The matte shades Spark and Elfish, and the metallic shade Sweet Dreams were absolute misses. If you were drawn particularly to these shades, then I would recommend not purchasing the palette. While I have similar Super Shock or powder shadows by Colourpop, I reach out for this palette more often than the other products which says something. If you are looking for some good matte shades, and those eye-catching teal hues then this palette is worth buying especially considering that price point. 

Shop This Post:



What do you think about the ColourPop X KathleenLights Dream St Palette? Let me know how your experience with it was in a comment down below.

Thank you so much for taking time to read this!
Much Love,


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest