Review| ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Bumble

3:46 AM

It's officially Spring time and muted pink seems to be a theme on a good eighty percent of Instagram posts. Besides everyone seems to be wearing 50 shades of pink on their lips in what seems like a competition to match the fresh Spring blooms. Whatever reason there may be, we could conclude that a pink lippie is a must have for this time of year. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of pink hued lipsticks. For one, most pink shades wash out my skin tone or they are either too milk-white in comparison. For the longest time, I've been trying to find the perfect pink that isn't too bubblegum-ish and in a tone that flatters my tan skin. Trust me, when I say that the struggle was real. In ColourPop's Ultra Matte Lip in Bumble, I found EXACTLY the colour I was looking for.



Price: $6.00

Claims:
This thin, lightweight formula glides on the lips smoothly leaving SUPER intense pigment and rich colour with a bold, ultra matte look. It's very long wearing and completely kiss-proof!

Bumble is described as a "warm rose".


Packaging:




The liquid lipstick comes in a tiny box which bears the ColourPop logo and the name of the product, with the name of the shade on the side. The tube itself is clear with a silver cap. It bears the name of the brand in holographic silver print and the name of the shade on the bottom. The writing wears off with time, so that is something to keep in mind. To be honest, for the price point, I am not too fussy over the packaging. The applicator is a traditional doe-foot applicator which is easy to use.


Wear:




  On first try, I briefly noticed a slight scent but it wasn't too concerning. The colour itself is a warm rose as claimed on my skin tone. You get that one swipe pigmentation you see on swatches on Instagram videos, with this shade. I find the formula of this one in particular to be a little on the runny side compared with the other ultra matte lips from ColourPop. The formula is lightweight as described and helps the lipstick glide smoothly on the lips. It dries completely matte and when I say matte, I mean really really matte. My lips do feel quite parched at the end of the day, but I kind of expect it from a matte lip. 


Onto the not-so-good aspects, while this lippie is long-wearing, a good 5 hours in my case without any signs of wear, it tends to wear off on the center off my lips when I eat. Re-application is not an issue at all, but what I expect from wearing a matte lip is to not have to reapply throughout the day. This one specifically also tends to crumble on my lips more.

Would I recommend it?:
I would definitely recommend it for the colour. In my opinion, this is the kind of pink that would look flattering on many skin tones. If you don't like matte lips, especially ones on the drier side of the spectrum, you might not enjoy this. 

Shop This Post:

Let me know what you think of the ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Bumble. If you've tried it, feel free to leave a comment down below.

Thank you so much for reading,
Much Love,




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest