Review| ColourPop Ultra Glossy Lip in Fudg'd

6:46 PM



I'll admit I love matte lipsticks, demi-matte lipsticks, even some of those 'satin lipsticks' that sets as a matte finish. In fact, I can't remember the last time I wore a glossy lip. Perhaps it was in 2014-15 when I fell in love with that one Viana lip gloss. It might have been called 'Honey Dew' or something. I have been trying to heal my broken heart since it was discontinued. Dramatic much? Anyway, when I saw the ColourPop Ultra Glossy Lip in Fudg'd, I couldn't help but think how great the colour is, especially on medium-tan skin tones. You know the struggle is real when it comes to finding glosses to match darker skin colours. Perhaps makeup should be more inclusive, just saying. 



This lipstick was created in collaboration with Karrueche Tran and hence is limited edition. So if you're looking to get it, pick it up soon before it's gone. 

Price: $6.00


Claims:

Ultra Glossy Lip provides extreme shine with a cushion-like feel and no stickiness! This gloss smooths and conditions the lips and leaves them looking fuller and healthier.
Sheer Transparent gloss with a hint of colour.

A warm saddle brown in a sheer finish

Packaging:




The liquid lipstick comes in a white box which bears the ColourPop logo and the name of the product, with the name of the shade on the side (I'm sorry I don't have pictures for you, but it's pretty much the same as the typical Colourpop packaging). 



The product is packed in a clear tube with a silver cap. The products created in collaboration with Karrueche have a copper band on top of the tube, and it bears the name of the brand in copper as opposed to their typical holographic silver print. The name's already faded and I've had this only for just over a month. If that's not an indication of how often I've used this, then I don't know what is. The name of the shade is clearly stated on the bottom. The applicator is the typical easy-to-use, doe-foot applicator.


Wear:
Up close, I can sense a scent which is not obvious at all when worn. 
Fudg'd is indeed a saddle brown which complements tan skin tones perfectly. It has a sheer finish as claimed so if you're looking for pigmentation, you ought to apply a lipstick underneath. FYI, I like wearing Fudg'd on top of French Toast by Gerard Cosmetics.



The formula is a little thicker than watery glosses I'm used to. What's noticeable is how smoothly it applied and how comfortable it felt on the lips. 
As for the sticky-ness factor, my lips didn't seem to be glued together when pursing, which is good.
Traveling in a tuk isn't ideal obviously, but this stayed put and didn't look like a right mess. You know what I mean, gloss marks on the cheeks and chin, yup, we've all been there.
Being a gloss, you can't exactly expect it to last very long, especially after meals. That is, unless you can eat the way the Kardashians eat their salads to prevent lip products from smudging. So I've been keeping this in my purse for touch-ups throughout the day. I would say in general it lasted for 3 hours on me (that's how long I lasted without snacking).


Shop This Post:

Let me know what you think of the ColourPop Ultra Glossy Lip in Fudg'd. If you've tried it, feel free to leave a comment down below.

Thank you so much for taking time to read this!
Much Love,

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest