Five Questions About Blogging Answered

6:15 AM



1. What made you start blogging?

There are so many reasons I wanted to start blogging, one of them being putting my 19th birthday gift, my camera, to good use. The main reason I wanted to start my blog was because I wanted to share my beauty finds, and things I loved with all of you. I didn't have older female cousins or friends telling me how I should wear my eyeliner or I wouldn't have worn shimmery green eyeliner in 10th grade, probably. Whatever I have learned about makeup and skin care was through the makeup manuals and the internet, so I wanted to share this passion with others and hopefully create a spark in you to pursue what they wanted to. 

I remember my first post on Tumblr (which was my chosen platform for blogging back then) being about the Colossal Kajal. I wrote it purely because I was so excited to find a kajal that did not smudge and create raccoon eyes. 
2. Who were your early inspirations when you started blogging?
I was inspired by Bobbi Brown when I got into makeup. I remember seeing the blog posts by Temptalia and being fascinated by the close-ups of makeup products. I also recall reading reviews on makeupandbeauty to find products that suited my skin tone. Sometime in 2015, there was an article on the Dailymail about Zoella and her book which is how I discovered her videos on YouTube and then progressed into watching her and Tanya Burr, and makeup artists on YouTube like Lisa Eldrige. 
3. What does Mandy-S-Heart mean?
Mandy is a nickname I've been given because my middle name is Amanda. Before my blog I had a Polyvore account, and I wanted my profile to be called Mandy's Heart. I remember something like it not allowing me to use 'Mandy's', so I had to go for Mandy-S. I then convinced myself that the S stands for my first name, Sakuni, so everything is alright. 
4. What's your favourite part about blogging?
All of it! It's strange really. I always thought there's one part I would love more than the rest, but from taking the photographs, to editing them, to testing products and writing the articles, every aspect of it is rewarding and fun!

5. What type of camera do you use and how do you edit your photos?
I have a Canon SX50HS. I use befunky to edit my photos and I use canva for my pins.
Hope you enjoyed reading this post! Let me know if you have any questions in a comment down below.
Much love,




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest