Trying Nigella's American Breakfast Pancake Recipe

5:16 AM



I remember my 15-year old self sitting on the couch with my brother, watching Nigella make delicious treats and wishing that teleportation was real. Perhaps what was most relatable was her sneaking into her kitchen in the middle of the night for some snacks from the fridge. As a university student, one of the first breakfasts that I learned to prepare was her American Breakfast Pancakes.

Evidence from 2013. Look at those Instagram Filters 😂
 I haven't made them in a while, and this week I was in the mood for some pancakes so I figured I would try this old favourite out.


A few notes before we get started: I am not a professional chef or a 'food guru' (not sure if that's the right term). When it comes to following recipes, I end up adding my own twists and ingredients based on what I'm in the mood for and what is available at the minute. Anyway, I just wanted to share some pancake goodness with all of you. 

The recipe that I will be sharing is for those with a sweet-tooth, so top off these pancakes with syrup, fruits or jam.

I will share the link of the original recipe down below if you're interested in making it exactly the way Nigella does. 

         Ingredients: 



                  ©      1½ cups of cake flour

©      1 tablespoon of brown sugar
©      2 ¼ teaspoons of baking powder
©      A pinch of salt
©      2 eggs
©      2 tablespoons melted butter and extra butter for the pan
©      300 ml of fresh milk
©      ½ teaspoon of Vanilla
Directions: 

©      Sieve in the flour and baking powder into a bowl
©      Add the tablespoon of sugar and a pinch of salt into the bowl
©      Whisk the eggs, melted butter, and milk, and add to the bowl along with vanilla
©      Heat the pan and add a little bit of butter to help fry the pancake
©      Add ¾ of a ladle of the pancake mix to the pan and fry on each side


Tips:


©      If you see bubbles appearing on the pancake then it’s time to flip it. They are usually done in a minute or two.
©      It’s easier to take the pan off the heat and pour the mixture to ensure you don’t burn it.
©      Keep the pan on medium-low heat and add butter roughly after frying two pancakes to ensure that they don’t stick to the pan and create a mess.


Let me know what you think of this recipe or if you've got any recommendations for recipes I ought to try, in a comment down below. 



Thank you for reading and enjoy your pancakes!
Much love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest