Monthly Recap| February

5:26 PM

 
Hey everyone! Hope you've all been well!
I thought I will write a post that's more personal than the rest. As I look back on the month of February, I hope this will give you a glimpse of what I've been up to.

The Pox
Yes, you heard that right. At the age of 23, my body thought 'okay it's time to give in to the pox', and there I was a miserable wreck for an entire week. I didn't quite realise the magnitude of the illness, and especially the cultural beliefs associated with it. The first few days were particularly difficult because my body temperature soared and the aches began. Interestingly, I thought I would be scratching and itching more, you know like Phoebe from FRIENDS when she caught the pox, but I didn't experience it on the same level (thankful for this). The room service during that week was quite nice though, so no complaints there. 

Travel


Somehow I managed to travel to Kataragama for the Shiva Pooja. It's a religious festival where a lot of devotees come together in worshiping the deity, Shiva, by engaging in traditional rituals and reciting mantras at midnight.  We spent one night at Sun sung Chiththa Holiday Resort which was a quiet and decent stay. One of my favourite things about the journey back to Colombo, is seeing the beach at one spot between Dickwella and Matara where the water is the most perfect aqua blue I've ever seen. Now that I'm writing this post, I wish I knew the exact location. 

University and Blogging


Time Management is one of the most difficult tasks for a university student. Since I completed my internship towards the latter portion of January, I had more time to dedicate to blogging and hence was able to write, photograph, edit six posts for the month of  February. Besides that I've been spending time writing articles for YOUth (a feature of Sunday Island), and engaging in my research work and assignments. Can I just say, I was proud of myself for stretching my capacity to incorporate all of this into the shortest month of the year. 

Reflections


Reflecting back, I was doing a lot of soul-searching this month. I've learned the importance of taking care of myself, because at the end of the day, I have to live with myself. It occurred to me that everything from the food I ingest to the way I dress, to the way I talk to myself matters. Often enough, I found myself to be cynical when it comes to these nitty-gritty details but this month I was able to be more conscious of my attitude towards myself. 

Anyway, that's it for this month!
I hope you enjoyed this post. If you'd like to see more posts like this or if you'd like to see any other types of posts, please let me know in a comment down below.

Thank you for reading!
Much love,


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest