Review | Rimmel Kate Sculpting Palette in Golden Bronze

8:31 AM


I'll admit it, I would love to have prominent cheekbones but then again I'm not blessed with them, and that's okay. So many beauty brands have come out with contouring/ highlighting products whether it be to elevate or add structure to the face. I have not been the biggest fan of contouring to start with, partly because I'm quite incapable of the buffing the contour products well to make it look subtle and natural. I end up disliking the big brown splotch on the sides of my face, so I opt for highlighting than contouring on most occasions.


When Rimmel London, one of my favorite beauty brands, released their sculpting kit, I knew I had to try it at any cost. Even if it meant I had to learn how to contour properly minus the kitchen utensils. ASOS had a sale back in April which is when I picked up the Kate Sculpting Palette in the shade No. 03- Golden Bronze. It was on sale for just $7.91- absolute bargain!. Apart from the Golden Bronze palette, there is also one other by the name of Coral Glow.

The palette contains:


Soft shimmer powder to highlight the cheek bone, brow bone, center of the chin and bridge of the nose.
Shading powder to contour the sides of the nose, jaw line and forehead.
Powder blush for color and definition.

Packaging:



I mean who wouldn't be attracted to that packaging. Mine is somewhat battered because I stuff it in my makeup bag which is on the verge of explosion. The palette comes with a clear lid with rose-gold diagonal lines separating the 3 shades. The purpose of the product as highlighter, contour and blush written on the lid in rose gold is a nice touch. It is compact and easy to carry in my makeup bag.


The details on application are illustrated on the back of the palette which I found to be a rather helpful addition. 

Wear:




The three shades in my palette compliments my tan skin tone very well. The highlighting powder is a beautiful champagne color. I have to say, it isn't the smoothest to touch, so I'm not the biggest fan of the texture. If you know how to work with it though application is not an issue. It lasts on average about 4 to 5 hours on me.


The contour powder is a neutral toned matte brown which I find is perfect to contour with. It is both smooth to touch and in application. It blends really well and I feel as if I don't have to work with the product for too long to make it look natural. It has good pigmentation, it's not a kind of  in-your-face pigmentation, so it can be very forgiving. It lasts for about 5 to 6 hours on me.


The blush color is my personal favorite out of the three and I have been using it religiously. It is a beautiful iridescent pink shade with gold shimmer. On most days I skip the highlighter and just apply this instead because I find that owing to the gold shimmer, this can work both as a highlighter and a blush. It applies very smoothly and is easy to blend. In terms of pigmentation it isn't exactly what it looks like in the pan, as in you would want to pick up more product to get that pink. I personally don't go for bright pink cheeks, so the subtlety of this product works for me. This lasts around 6 hours on my skin.


Totally went overboard with the highlighter on the cupid's bow.
Should you get it?:
If you are looking for a sculpting palette to create a natural everyday look, emphasis on natural, then absolutely. I think that blush alone is worth getting the palette for. Besides the palette is so affordable, it would be the perfect fit if you're new to sculpting or makeup in general.

Have you tried the Rimmel Kate Sculpting Palette? Let me know what your experience was like in a comment down below.

Shop This Post:
Rimmel Kate Sculpting Palette in Golden Bronze
Find it on ASOS

Now you can also find me on Bloglovin'

Thank you so much for reading,
Much love,


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest