Review | Rimmel London The Only One Lipstick in One-of-a-Kind

8:06 AM



It is that time of the year when everyone is whipping out their red lipsticks and rocking them day and night. I certainly am no exception. Whenever I'm given the choice of selecting a lipstick my eyes immediately dart towards the deeper and darker hues of red. The Only One Lipstick by Rimmel London in the shade One of a Kind is another addition to my bunch of red lipsticks which are slightly darker than the everyday pillar-box red. This lipstick is one of my favorites to wear and obviously has been featured in the mid year favorites post I wrote a while back. The pricing of this was $7.91 . There are 20 bright and bold shades to pick from, including a lot of mauve-pink colors.

Claims:

Long-lasting color, comfort, moisture and wear


• A no compromise all-in-one lipstick that is challenging the lipstick history

• The perfect balance of high impact color, moisture, all day comfort and staying power

• Slanted lipstick bullet for an effortless application


Packaging:


This lipstick comes in a black tube with a band near the bottom depicting the relevant shade. It bears the name of the brand on the lid and the logo at the top of the lid. This sleek new design sits taller than the other Rimmel lipsticks. The bullet is slanted and not the regular one, which could be tricky to use, but so far I haven't had a lot of issues with it. For some reason though, I prefer their regular packaging over this architectural design. The statement, 'what matters is on the inside' rings true with this lipstick.


Wear:


As with most of the other Rimmel lipsticks, this one too bears a scent which might throw some people off (perfectly understandable) but as always I am into the fruity berry scent. In terms of the color it is a deeper red shade leaning more towards burgundy, which I absolutely love. It certainly is one of a kind, get the pun?


It is intensely pigmented; one swipe does the trick. In terms of application, it is smooth and glides beautifully across the lips to give a satin finish. On first application, it is somewhat shiny, and in no way does that mean it looks glittery or glossy. The shine disappears within the first couple of hours along with the smell.



I think Rimmel has hit the brief with the formula of this one. Not only is it comfortable to wear but it is creamy and so opaque, there's no patchiness whatsoever. What's better it didn't suck the moisture from my lips and stayed in place throughout the entire day without moving around and causing what usually is a makeup disaster (unlike other satin lipsticks). I would say it lasted about 6 to 7 hours on my lips, even powering through a heavy breakfast.


Would I recommend it?:
Absolutely! I think they've pretty much lived up to their claims. The formula on this one is the real winner and when it comes to the color, it is my ideal shade of red. I've got nothing but love for this one. 

Have you tried their The Only One Lipstick range? Let me know your experience in a comment down below.

P.S., Rimmel has recently released a matte range of The Only One Lipsticks in 9 different shades so make sure you check them out as well.

Shop This Post:
Rimmel The Only One Lipstick in One-of-a-Kind
*NEW* Rimmel The Only One Lipstick Matte Range


Thank you so much for reading,
Much love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest