Review| Makeup Geek Plush Lip Crème in Socialite

6:29 PM


I've been feeling quite adventurous with lipstick so much so that I picked up the Plush Lip Crème in Socialite by Makeup Geek. While nude-natural and deep reds are still my go-to colours, I wanted to try out greige and mauve colours late last year. So during one of the sales by BeautyBay (subscribe to the newsletter, you would not regret it!), I picked this one up: a) because Makeup Geek!, and b) this was priced at only $6.90 (WINNING!).


Retail Price: $14.00 (Roughly Rs. 2,200)
Net Wt.: 3ml/ 0.10 Oz
Available in 9 shades

Claims:



A cross between a cream and mousse, this unique formula sits on top of the lips for a soft, “plush” feel. A wide variety of colors crafted in a smooth creme finish, you’re sure to find a highly pigmented shade you love!

Cruelty-Free
Vegan
Paraben Free

Socialite is a warm purple with subtle brown undertones and a creme finish

Packaging:




The lip crème comes in a box with a metallic side which displays the logo and the type of product, in this case it had the wording 'Lip Crème'. The other side has an ombré effect with black blending into the shade of the lip crème. The ingredients are clearly listed in the back along with the statement that the product is of professional quality and that it is cruelty free. 



The lip crème comes in a clear tube with a chrome cap with the MakeupGeek logo on top and the wording 'Plush Crème' artfully written on the tube. 


The name of the shade is depicted in a sticker at the bottom. 

This came with a flat applicator rather than the traditional doe-foot applicator. The tip of the applicator is flexible so it allows you to work on the cupid's bow with relative ease, even though it doesn't have the typical pointy end.

Wear:



The lip crème is lightly scented. The colour itself is a cool mauve-taupe colour. The colour comes across beautifully in photographs and especially so, against tan skin. In terms of pigmentation, I find that I have to coat my lips twice or thrice with the product to get its full effect. Their description of the formulation is spot on, because it is a combination of cream and mousse. The texture feels like a mousse like it's been whipped but is lighter, and is creamy in application. On the lips, the formula feels a bit like buttercream frosting off the second cupcake you know you shouldn't have eaten (#yolo ?). It doesn't dry down and feels comfortable on the lips which is good.



The lip crème shifts around a lot which I didn't appreciate. Then again it had its positive side, because this transfers a lot, A LOT! Having checked my teeth after an hour of application, I noticed that it left marks on them. I gasped after overthinking because for the outsider it would appear as if I got to work after forgetting to brush them. Oh the positive side of the lip crème shifting you ask? Well, once I smacked my lips together again, the lipstick from the top lip transferred to my bottom lip and evened things out. The point is, if you do get this you would definitely require the assistance of a lip liner underneath it.



As soon as I had my morning cup of tea, I knew this wasn't going to last too long. After a breakfast of some delicious pol roti I noticed that only the product that was on the periphery of my lips remained strong. In general I would say this lipstick lasted 2 hours on my lips. Re-application isn't an issue though which is a definite positive aspect. 


Would I recommend it?:



I would honestly not recommend it for all of the reasons mentioned above. I was quite disappointed because I was excited for the colour. I LOVED the Iconic Lipstick in Candid, and obviously this is not a reflection of the brand. This product just didn't hit the mark for me. 

Shop This Post:


Let me know what you think of the Makeup Geek Plush Lip Crème in Socialite. If you've tried it, feel free to leave a comment down below.

Thank you so much for reading,
Much Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest