Sunday Planning Sessions

6:43 PM


Getting a planner has been the best decision I've made in 2018. In the past I've resorted to making to-do lists on scraps of paper, which unsurprisingly go missing; leaving me lost as to what I ought to do. Having a planner has allowed me to allocate slots of time to what I ought to get done within a month, a respective week, and during a particular day. 

While I do my monthly planning before the beginning of the month, I usually go through my weekly plans every Sunday evening. I feel that this process of planning out my week on Sundays with a clear head enables me to focus on my priorities and visualize the week ahead. Furthermore it helps build up momentum for the rest of the week. 

I usually grab myself a cup of green tea with lemon and settle down on my work desk. I begin by writing down everything I ought to do on a piece of paper to draw up a rough sketch for the week. In here, I would usually list down things of top priority, things that could be delegated to others, and other goals I could push away for a later date.

I often write down little ideas for blog posts on post-its, and in the notes on my phone. To add to these creative interests, I use my time on Sundays to brainstorm new ideas, topics for articles, and blog posts, and just generally take a brain dump. Usually in moments of extreme enthusiasm, I tend to aspire for larger than life goals. So during my time on Sundays, I think of whether they are worth pursuing, and if so deliberate on the means of achieving them by breaking them down into smaller goals. For example, one of my goals was to improve my health in whichever ways I can. So one of the steps I've taken is to swap my mid-day tea or coffee to a green tea. It's a baby step, but a step nevertheless, in the right direction.


After having gathered all this information, I start by putting each of the tasks into my planner. I allocate time slots for the tasks I can do daily, weekly, biweekly, and compare with what I ought to have achieved over a month. I also ensure that I have time for myself, which is how an introvert like me, recharges and refuels. That's pretty much a Sunday evening for me.

If you feel flustered with the pace of your life, and feel like you're constantly finding yourself lost amidst the numerous tasks you ought to achieve, I highly recommend getting a planner and scheduling some time on a Sunday to do your weekly planning. Even though for me my plans circulate on work, blogging, writing, and the like, you could also take time to plan out your meals for the rest of the week, plan your cleaning schedules for the week, or if you're a mom, decide on the chores your kids ought to do within that week.

Shop This Post:

Let me know how you plan your week, and if you have any tips, please leave them in a comment down below.

Thank you so much for reading,
Much Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest