Back To Basics| Skin Care

8:56 PM

Back To Basics| Skin Care

This is one of my favourite pictures I've taken. I love how the makeup really blends in with my skin. Would you believe if I said I wore just the L. A. Girl BB cream and not foundation? The reason why it looks so seamless is because I've had great skin last year. I had a skin care routine going (that's right, me, the one who hates routines). The products I was using worked wonders. In hindsight, it was the calm before the storm.

Back To Basics| Skin Care

Ever since February, I've been trying to get my skin back on track. It was a rough couple of months because of the scarring left behind, and getting spots more often than before. Three months later, I feel like now I'm at a place where I can safely fall back into those skin care products that made my skin so clear.

Back To Basics| Skin Care

So in this post, I will introduce you to those skin care gems, as I'd like to call them. I will be trying to use these more consistently this month in an effort to get my skin back to what it was again.

YesTo Coconut Ultra Hydrating Miscellar Cleansing Water

Back To Basics| Skin Care

I've proudly shown off this product on Instagram because this is my favourite non-rinse cleanser. It effectively removes all makeup and dirt. I just use one or two pumps on a round cotton pad, and gently cleanse away the debris on my skin after a long day of work. While they have mentioned its effectiveness as a cleanser, I feel like no one has talked about the glow it leaves. It truly makes my skin appear more glowy, hydrated, and nourished. I think I love this more for that reason. I mean, who wouldn't love that 'glow from within' look?

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner

Back To Basics| Skin Care

Out of all the products listed here, this is the only product I haven't used last year. I have used this a couple of times since I bought it earlier this year. It has left my skin mattified as claimed. I haven't experienced any irritation or negative skin reactions upon using this. I will update you on how this works as I try and incoporate this into my skin care routine. 

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

Back To Basics| Skin Care

If you've been following my posts for a while, you would know that I was initially apprehensive about using this product. When I first tested this out at the store, I experienced a little stinging, so I was not sure whether I would want this as a part of my skin care routine. My brother wanted a product that would work for spots, so I ended up buying this for him, and randomly decided to use this one day. Can I just say I'm so glad I did!
It does sting on first try because it is more concentrated than the anti-imperfection solution that I also love. This targets spots to make them dry and disappear before it ruins every Instagram photo. At first glance the bottle is tiny, I mean it's the size of my little finger, but trust me all you'll need is just 1-2 drops.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream

Back To Basics| Skin Care

I almost wrote Aqua Boost Sorbet out of automaticity. While that remains my favourite moisturiser, I haven't repurchased it since I'm trying to finish up the products I already have (I will explain more about this in a future post). This moisturising cream is just as good, it doesn't provide that cooling effect the sorbet does. This too absorbs fast and leaves my skin thoroughly moisturised. In comparison it feels more lightweight. I use this both during day and night before I go to bed. 

These are the products that I will be using to build up my skin care routine this year. As mentioned, three of these products I've already used, and loved. I will update you on the toner. So make sure you follow me on Instagram (@sakuamanda) as I'll likely add my experiences to my Insta stories.


If you've tried any of these products, or you have any recommendations for me, do let me know in a comment down below.

Thank you so much for taking time to read this!
Much Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest