Monthly Recap | May

11:31 PM

Monthly Recap | May

Hey everyone! Hope you've all been well. Today, I thought I will share with you my reflections and experiences from the month of May.

Birthday Celebrations


The month of May was filled with lots of birthday cake as we celebrated achchi's b'day in Hikkaduwa, malli's b'day, and then dad's b'day as well. I baked a chocolate cake for dad's b'day which came out quite alright. Everyone ended up picking out the Kit-Kats and the Rochers, and the cake was gone right before my eyes. It was a tedious process baking it, which took nearly 6 hours for this amateur. By the end of it, I was ready to pass out. I have a whole new level of respect for bakers now.

Cake Recipe: Make-Fabulous-Cakes
Buttercream Recipe: CupcakeJemma


Rain and Thesis Presentations


We usually expect downpours during the months of April/ May, and we certainly experienced it (on another level) this year. This is my favourite kind of weather. The kind where I could just disappear into my room, with a book in hand, and cup mug of tea by my bedside. Ah bliss! I also managed to present my Master's Thesis which was overwhelming, and also engage in the Final VIVA (what I dreaded most as an undergrad). 

The #MeInArienti Campaign

Monthly Recap | May

Something very exciting came up in the last week of May, which was the #MeInArienti campaign. As you may know if you've followed me on social media, I've been a huge fan of Arienti. They have a generous variety of styles, and their clothes are of great quality for such affordable prices. When they reached out to me about spreading the message about the campaign, I was more than happy to do so. I also managed to capture this shot in line with their theme of 'Arienti and a Meal'. The struggle was real when it came to getting good shots of outfits especially when you are both in front of the camera, as well as the photographer- all the while holding a plate with a single donut doused in chocolate. All I can say is, it takes a lot of patience! 

Reflections

Monthly Recap | May

Upon reflecting on the happenings of this month, I wanted to share with you a message, or a tip really.
If your friend is distancing from you or other friends, losing interest in daily activities and things he/ she used to enjoy, looking upset for more days than not, please make sure to let them know that you are there for them. They might push you away, and respond with a 'I'm fine', but they might not be. Notice the little changes, and make sure they know they can rely on you.

That's pretty much what happened in the month of May. 
I hope you enjoyed this post. If you'd like to see more posts like this, please let me know in a comment down below.

Thank you for reading!
Much love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest