Current Everyday Makeup Routine| No more high coverage foundation?

10:56 PM


Today I wanted to share with all of you my current "everyday" makeup routine. By every day I mean most days, because my main priority as of now is to improve my skin, and to allow my face to have a breather.

I start by washing my face (obviously), and then applying moisturiser. I've run out of my Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet (sobs internally) so I've been using the Vitamin E Moisture Cream by The Body Shop. It's lightweight and absorbs really fast. I wait a few minutes to let this sink in.


I start with my brows first. I line and fill them in with the Dip Brow Pomade by Anastasia Beverly Hills. This is more dramatic than a pencil liner but I really like having thicker brows right now. The next step is a weird one, and I'm not sure if anyone else does this so take it with a grain of salt. I brush my spoolie against some Vaseline or clear lip balm and comb through my brows. I find this gives it a shine, kind of like the Glossier brow look.





As for eyeshadow, I really want my makeup to look as subtle as possible. So I just apply my base colour of Shooting Star by ColourPop cosmetics in the Dream St. palette. Next I add some of Magical from the same palette on the crease, and add the brown colour, My Type, from the I Think I Love You Palette by ColourPop. Next I line my upper lash line with the Maybelline Colossal Kajal. The task of removing liner from the bottom lash line is tedious, and quite frankly too much work for me after I get home. So I line only my top lash line. Next I apply my Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. This mascara is the most long lasting mascara I've used. It.does.not.budge. 



It's safe to say I'm over full coverage foundation...for now. I was never the biggest fan of thick foundations to begin with. My only positive experience happened to be the Revlon ColourStay and that was a full coverage foundation. As my focus this year is on skin care, I've been searching for lightweight products. So instead of foundation, I've been consistently using BB cream thanks to my little discovery of the L .A. Girl's Pro BB Cream. I use use the Pro conceal-High definition concealer by L.A. Girl to conceal blemishes and scars from pox (which are finally beginning to fade-YAY!). I do want you to keep in mind that it's completely normal to have marks and spots. It's just a part of life, however if you want to cover them up that's okay too.


You know I love my Becca Liquid Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal. I apply three dots above my cheekbone and a little dot on the tip of my nose and blend it using my fingers. You can use a brush but I prefer to blend it this way because I feel that it gives me the most natural finish. I use the Jordana Pressed Powder and lightly dust it around the T- zone and cheeks, on most days. I say most because I keep forgetting this step, and since I have oily/ combination skin this really helps to keep the makeup in place. I love this makeup look because it keeps my skin dewy and fresh.




Hope you guys enjoyed this makeup look. Let me know your thoughts on it in a comment down below.

Much Love,



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest