October Favorites/ Autumn Essentials

4:38 AM


Hello everyone, 
For today's blog post, I thought I'll cover my October Favorites as well as what would have been my Autumn Essentials. Now I know we don't get to experience the full bliss of fall season with Halloween and autumn leaves but the skies have been getting darker and the weather somewhat colder. I also have been sick for about two weeks which I have attributed to the weather changes. Therefore some of the items in this post is about comfort and staying warm. So grab yourselves a cup of tea and enjoy!

No this is not a shrine, this is my 'autumnal decor' on my bedside table. I went and picked up this glass jar/ vase thing from Arpico and of course the candle wouldn't fit in it. 

Moving on to the actual favorites....
To keep myself warm I have been incorporating scarves into my everyday outfits. These two have been my absolute favorites. I like the fact that these could be styled with any outfit since they are not patterned. Also they are soft as a kitten.

Speaking of keeping myself warm, I have been loving the Wild Argan Oil shower gel that I purchased from The Body Shop. I have loved using this, especially in the past couple of weeks when I was sick. I went into the shower feeling horrible and came out feeling, and may I add, smelling so much better. It made my skin so much more moisturized and alive. It also kept me warm. I think that's one of the weirdest ways to describe a shower gel, 'warm' but yes, that was my experience with this. I think this is perfect for really cold days and would be a perfect gift for Christmas this winter. Not that we experience winter here either, but we do celebrate Christmas, with gifts. ;)
The next favorite is the Red Door perfume by Elizabeth Arden. This has been in a previous favorites post as well, I reckon it was last year around the same time. This perfume has got a lot of not-so-nice reviews especially with regard to the fact that it has a more 'mature person' smell. For some reason, I find this scent strangely comforting. It has red rose, Moroccan orange blossom and ylang-ylang as the top notes and honey, oak moss and sandalwood as base notes. I think this is why I like it when the weather gets colder. It feels like a warm evening on a rainy day, if that makes any sense. It's certainly not a day-time wear perfume, at least not for me, but is perfect for night time gatherings.

 

On my talons I like to wear shades that reflect  my obsession with red hues. I have been loving this shade of deep red on my nails this Autumn. This one is from a brand called BK Gorgeous and I picked it up from House of Fashions. The packaging makes it look quite luxurious but it was surprisingly inexpensive.

Moving on to makeup, I have been loving this blush color from Jordana, as you may already know from my review (http://mandy-s-heart.blogspot.com/2015/10/review-jordana-blush-in-cinnamon-spice.html ). From it's velvety smooth formula to the pigmentation I love everything about it. In my opinion brighter colors like oranges and corals are perfect for summer and pinks are perfect for winter. So for fall I like this mauve brown, sort of understated pink color more than cooler toned pinks. It goes perfectly with berry toned lips!
 

Speaking of, I have been loving the Revlon super lustrous lipstick in no. 301 Blackcherry. This is a really pretty wine shade which I think is perfect for the season. I had some issues with the lipstick (http://mandy-s-heart.blogspot.com/2015/10/review-revlon-super-lustrous-lipstick.html ) because it did settle on the fine lines of my lips and it liked to move around, but I just love the color so much. If you're looking for dupes, I've heard that the Wet and Wild 'Cherry Bomb' is pretty good. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Shame and Mac Lipstick in Media are higher end options of the same color.
 
The next favorite is the L. A. Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss in the shade Rebel. I love the color which is a lighter berry shade with a lot more purple in it. I will upload a full review of the product but so far I've been enjoying the color and the amazing lasting power of these liquid lipsticks. Seriously though, they cannot be removed too easily. The name carries the word 'gloss' in it but it in fact has a matte formula. Just so you know, they are a little tacky, nothing unbearable though. But if you are a matte lipstick lover, you should definitely check these ones out.

That's all of my October Favorites/ Autumn Essentials. Hope you all enjoyed reading this post and if you did please hit the like button on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MandySHeartBlog

What are your October Favorites?  Let me know in a comment down below or on my Facebook page.
 Much love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest