3 Ways to Bounce Back from a Bad Day

11:50 PM

3 Ways to Bounce Back from a Bad Day


So you've had a bad day...

First of all, I'm sorry you did. 
Life can be a little rough sometimes, and this is to remind you that it's okay or it will be okay. 

Bad days are rather a common experience. We all have them at some point, and you yourself might have experienced a couple in your life, and have gotten back up. But do you ever reflect on how you bounced back into life, or even how long you took? Upon looking back I've found three things that have helped me bounce back to my sunny self after having a bad day. I thought I will share them with you hoping they'll help you out as well.

Surround Yourself with Loved Ones
There's nothing better than venting to your mom about the day you've had over a good cup of tea. When you've had bad days you'll find yourself to be more inclined to cast yourself aside, and stay alone. What you don't realise is that this makes you feel more alone in your struggles and make you feel unworthy. So make sure you surround yourself with family or friends who are great listeners, and who can help you process your emotions. It's cathartic to talk about your experiences, and realise that you're not alone. For one thing, having these deep conversations will strengthen the relationships that you have. For another, they will remind you that you are loved and worthy no matter what, which is something you need to hear after a bad day. 

Don't Put Yourself Down
I am aware that this is the hardest possible thing to do. It's so easy to mutter 'FML' or put yourself down for something you did or did not do. It's that much tougher to admit that you did everything you could do, and that you're good enough. In hindsight you might wonder why you ever took a certain decision, or said something wrong at the time. It's necessary to remind yourself that you did what you could do at the time with the resources that you had. So all the what if 's and should have, could have, would have 's are not helpful now. Take time to process the events of the day, and analyse what went wrong, and figure ways in which you would not repeat the same events that brought about negativity to your life. 
Repeat if you must that,
you are human and therefore fallible; because you're human, you are valued, you are good enough, and you matter!

Gratitude
Recently I have started a happiness jar. There's more to follow on this, but for the moment let's just say I am really enjoying going through my day and recounting the things that made me smile and feel happy within. In doing so, I've felt immense gratitude for what I have in life. I've noticed a shift in my perspective from what is lacking or absent to what is present or is abundant in life. This is exactly what I need after a bad day; something to remind me that life is still pretty darn good. Even if you don't commit to this activity itself, it will be helpful to journal or write down things and people you are grateful for. You will notice a change, I assure you!

Hope you enjoyed reading this post. If you've been having a bad day, I hope this post offered you a little clarity, or prompted you to pick up the phone and call your mom or dad, or a friend to heal your heart. 
Don't forget that you'll get through this. You always do!

Take Care and Much Love,



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest