The Biggest Challenge for Me as a Blogger

1:24 AM



This is a rather personal topic to talk about and there was so much back and forth whether to publish this but I figured I will write about it nevertheless.

I've been blogging for the past three years now and I've loved everything about it. It started out as a creative venture, and it still is one of my biggest passions. From writing posts, to taking photographs to testing out new products, every single aspect of it is enjoyable. If there was one aspect that was and still is challenging for me, it is being present at social events. 

I love meeting people one-on-one and having deep conversations. However when there are large numbers such as crowds coming for events, I almost always tend to avoid those events. This is a typical response to feelings of anxiety. 

I still can replay so clearly in my head, the first event I attended which happened to be the opening of The Body Shop store in Colpetty. Would you believe it if I said I almost didn't go? I distinctly remember wanting a friend with me there, but it was an invite-only event for obvious reasons. I remember telling my friend that I might not go because it was too overwhelming, and her reminding me what a fantastic opportunity that was. As the car drew closer to the building I remember the moment of hesitation before stepping out. I reminded myself to take deep breaths, that everything was going to be okay. Yes, I actually needed reminders. I think I started sweating the moment I stepped foot into the store, partly because it was packed with reporters which I mentioned on my blog before. However the part I left out of that post, were the feeling of anxiety and how challenging it was for me to be there.

I was so glad when Nethmi from Style Folder, and Sachini (@sach_nathali) on Instagram) spoke with me and the conversations put me at ease with the surroundings. Come to think of it, had I not gone to this event I would not have met these amazing people. This event was also a turning-point for me, as this was a moment when I realised I could manage those feelings of being overwhelmed and anxious. It was rewarding to push myself, which is the morale of the story if you will. For these reasons I am so grateful.

The reason why I am even delving into a personal topic is because I want you to know that if you do have feelings of anxiety and nervousness, you can manage them. It requires effort and constant rephrasing of internal conversations that say 'you can't' or 'it's all too much'. 

You can get through this!

 From experience I could say that it's not a smooth ride up and there may be bumps on the road, but you would never know what you're capable of until you try.

So here's to us pushing ourselves to be our best.

If you have gone through similar experiences, and you have any tips you would like to share on managing anxiety, do leave them in a comment down below. 

Thank you so much for reading,
Much Love,


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest