Monthly Recap| April

11:37 PM

Hey everyone! Hope you've all been well. Today, I thought I will share with you my reflections and experiences from the month of April.


Avurudhu Celebrations


 For us Sri Lankans, the month of April is all about Avurudhu (Sinhala and Tamil New Year) celebrations. This can only mean visiting relatives, exchanging plates of yummy treats, and eating to your hearts content. This year my mom made a hath maaluwa for the first time, and she did an amazing job! It complemented the kiribath so well. I also had plenty of pani wallalu which is my favourite sweet treat. We also ended up going to Hikkaduwa to see our relatives which was really nice, even though the weather took a turn for the worse.

Kolam 
 Vesak Celebrations


We were just trying to breathe after eating so much food during the New Year festivities, but then we found ourselves in several Vesak dansal. Manioc ones are my personal favourite. We managed to go see a few pandols as well. I was guided to a behind-the-scenes look, so I was able to see how they worked which was an amazing experience. The amount of work and effort that goes into these creations are mind-blowing.





#Breathe

This month I was also able to create an Instagram page 'Breathe' (@breathe_lk) which is also featured as a separate page on my blog here. For the longest time, I've been contemplating creating a support network for those of us who are tackling anxiety one day at a time. This month, I stopped questioning, and overthinking about the 'what if's and just decided to do it. I hope you follow the page as I will be posting on the topic, and generally on sustenance of calm and positivity.

Reaching Goals


This month more than ever, I was grateful for pushing myself past my comfort zones. I also managed to exceed one of my goals in terms of blogging, which was to publish 10 blog posts. I've managed to publish 16! In other news, I now have a thousand followers on Instagram (@sakuamanda). It's exciting that there's a lot of you (quantity-wise), but I'm more excited about the quality of the connections and friendships I've made, all possible because of Instagram. I love receiving messages from you asking about certain products, or asking for recommendations. I love that there's so much positivity in our little space. 💗
So here's to more friendships, and exciting adventures in 2018!

I hope you enjoyed this post. If you'd like to see more posts like this, please let me know in a comment down below.

Thank you for reading!
Much love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest