Review| YesTo Coconut Polishing Body Scrub for Dry Skin

6:58 PM


Skin care is so important and should take precedence over makeup, at all times. While we can fake a glow with a little bit of highlighter, or bronzing mist, it is never the same as actually having glowing skin. Exfoliation is ideal especially to remove impurities, improve circulation and replace old epidermal cells. This is why a body scrub is a fantastic addition to your skin care routine. I bought this body scrub because I wanted to try out the brand, and also because I love Coconut body products.

Amount of Product: 280g (10 Oz)
Retail Price: $7.99 (Around Rs. 1,250.00)
 $13.20 on BeautyBay (where I purchased it from)


Claims:



A moisture-rich body exfoliator that won't leave oily residue.
This scrub uses nearly all of the coconut (even the husk) to exfoliate and reveal softer, smoother, healthier looking skin. Virgin Coconut Oil provides skin with nutrients it needs to stay hydrated, while Coconut Husk gently exfoliates without irritation. 
This formula is perfect for those looking for an added dose of hydration to their bathing routine. 
Skin is left soft and smooth! 
98% Natural Petroleum and Sodium Lauryl Sulphate
Paraben Free 
Cruelty-free 

Packaging:





The product arrived in a transparent plastic tub with a white lid bearing a sticker with the brand name and the range product belongs to (Coconut).





The ingredients are listed on the tub itself, with the directions for application.


Results:



My heart skips a beat every time I open up the lid of this product. The smell is quite strong, and not the most natural scent of coconut but personally I find it rather delightful. The scrub itself is light brown in colour. 
The texture is gritty which is good for exfoliation. The mixture of sugar and salt crystals work perfectly in creating that balance, not making the product too harsh on the skin. I can see people with sensitive skin liking this for that reason.



The way I use this is, I scoop some product out and apply it on dry skin and exfoliate in circular motions. The reason why I apply this on dry skin is because when in contact with water the product dissolves really fast. That is, it vanishes off the skin before you can properly scrub away the impurities. This was slightly annoying to me, because I'm used to grittier scrubs that I can work onto my skin while rinsing away the dirt simultaneously. 
I liked how it exfoliated my skin, and how I didn't experience any irritation with its use. My skin looked clean and felt softer after use. 
In terms of hydration, I feel that the product is somewhat lacking in that regard. Sure my skin feels great, and it's very gentle, but at the same time it doesn't retain a lot of moisture on my skin when compared to a cream scrub. I'm only mentioning this because it is claimed that this would be an 'added dose of hydration'.



Would I recommend it?:
It is a gentle scrub with a great formula that is great for the price point. However I personally wouldn't go out of my way to repurchase this, simply because I like scrubs that can be used whilst in the shower, and those that cut the task of moisturising in half by being hydrating themselves. 


Available on BeautyBay


Let me know what you think of the YesTo Coconut Polishing Body Scrub for Dry Skin if you've tried it, in a comment down below.

Thank you for reading this post!
Much Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest