What's In My Bag| Five Handbag Essentials To Save Your Day

5:11 AM


I bet most of us wish we could pack our entire vanity into a handbag with a swish of a wand, quite like Hermoine with the undetectable extension charm. I am usually surprised, mostly in a good way, by the contents of mine whenever I have to transfer them to a new bag. I noticed that like many others I had most of the staples like keys, tissues, safety pins, and lipbalm. I also recently added a few extra things which have saved the day on many occasions. 

A Mini Notebook


You might be surprised at the places you'll get most of your creative ideas. For me this often happens while I'm taking a shower (Eureka!), or when I'm traveling. It's so frustrating to not have a piece of paper to jot these things down. While it is convenient to use an app, I enjoy the process of writing things down by hand. When I visited Kilinochci back in December I made sure I purchased a tiny notebook that can fit into my handbag so I can take it with me on field trips. Ever since, this has been a staple in my handbag, whether it is to make grocery lists, research notes, or even just to doodle.

Pink Lotus Almond Intensive hand cream by Spa Ceylon


Speaking of traveling, it is usually while on the way to work in a tuk, after a rushed morning shower that I often notice how dry my hands are, and also spot the dry patches on my arms. Hence I've been carrying handcream around in my bag for such occasions. I've used the NUXE handcream, but I've consistently come back to my Spa Ceylon Pink Lotus. As you may know this has been a favourite since 2016. I've tested their other scents at the store and I've tried the Ceylon Tea & Ylang, but this is the only one I've consistently come back to. I'm letting you know that I already have a back-up in my dresser in an effort to assure you of how good this actually is. 

Instant Hair Refresh Dry Shampoo by Batiste


I had never tried dry shampoo until I got this Batiste one. I've heard of the brand before but of course since they are not shipped to Sri Lanka, I have never got the opportunity to test them out. Imagine my surprise when I spotted one at the local Food City. I've been using it for when my hair gets greasy, to add some body to it and make it easier to style. Usually one of the concerns of dry shampoos especially on darker hair, is how white specks can appear. I have not noticed them with this particular one which is great! You know how much I love scented products and the cherry smell in this is so enticing and not overpowering at all.

Huile Prodigieuse Multi-purpose Dry Oil by NUXE


This little favourite of mine was sadly forgotten for the longest time. I was contemplating (and complaining) getting a rollerball perfume that fits right into my handbag and I never found one. It was then I spotted this sitting on my dresser and I was immediately taken back to the first time I opened this magical potion. I loved the scent back then and I still do. It is mild, and smells of fresh Spring flowers like Camelia, with added hints of vanilla (I don't know how I picked up on this since it is not stated on their list of ingredients). It's another product that is amazing at locking the moisture in, especially for dry patches. I've used it on my hair to detangle when it gets messy and to add some shine. I've used it on my wrists and neck as a perfume. So many uses in such a tiny bottle, and I wonder how I could have even forgotten it in the first place.

Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater by Mario Badescu


Talk about a product that's so highly rated. It was out of curiosity that I bought this. Believe it or not I did not like this at first since the nozzle did not create the fine mist that I wanted. With use, and a little shake, this has won over my heart and I could definitely see why this product has received so much love. It's the perfect handbag companion especially for tropical islanders. A spritz of this will instantly refresh your skin and keep it hydrated admist the hot and humid weather. The best part is that this product is for all skin types, and you can use it on your hair, face and skin.  

Shop This Post:


What are your handbag essentials? Let me know in a comment down below.

Thank you so much for reading,
Much Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest