An Introvert's Guide to Staying In at Home

1:55 AM

Do we even need a guide? As an introvert, one of my favourite things to do is staying at home. I am very much a home comforts person, and have stayed in without going out of my house for a week straight during university. Admittedly it could get boring (after the first five days), so you need to prepare beforehand. Here's a little guide for you to make the best out of your day or week at home.

Bake Bake Bake

An Introvert's Guide to Staying In at Home

Whenever I stay in, I love to bake cupcakes and cakes. My mom doesn't appreciate me making a mess out of her beloved kitchen though. I used to think they were the most difficult of recipes to follow, but I assure you they are really not that complicated. Think of all the brownies, funfetti cupcakes, and chocolate cake you can have at the end of the day.

Plan a Movie or TV Show Marathon

An Introvert's Guide to Staying In at Home

Plans didn't fall through? No worries. You can just hang out at home and plan a movie marathon. I personally love Harry Potter, and much to my parents' dismay I cannot stop after watching the first movie. So I tend to watch all eight of them over two days. Back when I was sick with the pox, I managed to watch all the seasons of Sex and the City. Who knew Carrie Bradshaw was so relatable (except for her love for going out)? Does that make me Aidan in bed with his KFC chicken bucket?

Enjoy Some TLC

An Introvert's Guide to Staying In at Home

Pampering yourself isn't selfish, it is a necessity! So light up some candles, and put on a face mask or two (because multi-masking is the new trend) and give yourself a mani-pedi. This will not only improve your appearance, but also will uplift your mood significantly. Well, it does that to me at least.

Drawing and Colouring

An Introvert's Guide to Staying In at Home
One of my drawings of George Harrison 😂
Did anyone else pick up adult colouring books at the Big Bad Wolf (BBW) Sale? It's such a beautiful process to colour in mandalas, and see it all come together as a composite image at the end. While it might seem like a childish activity (yes I've been told this multiple times) there's something so calming, and centering about engaging in art. Besides it's fun and creative, and certainly will appeal to the inner child in you.

Read

An Introvert's Guide to Staying In at Home

There's nothing more satisfying than curling up on the couch with a good book, and of course a cup of tea and cookies to accompany it. I'll admit there have been days when I've spent the entire day reading just because I am so invested in completing the entire book. I should perhaps add that my favourite genre being psychological thrillers might have something to do with this. Whichever book you choose, it's nice to be completely focused in on it.
 If you want to see some of my favourite books, I have already written a separate blog post on 5 books that shaped who I am.

Speaking of BBW, I hear it's coming up again in June so make sure you save up, just so you can set days aside to do nothing but read. Ah, bliss!


I hope you enjoyed reading this post. What are your favourite activities to engage in at home? Also if you have recipes for delicious baked goods, do let me know in a comment down below.

Thank you for reading!
Much Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest